“A great Evening.”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Solihull, United Kingdom
“A great Evening.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We went to the restaurant on recommendation - excellent cuisine, a warm welcome with friendly service & good value also..

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Twice was not enough!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Special thanks to Russell and Antonia for two wonderful meals - one for Sue's birthday (thanks Antonia for remembering) and a couple of days later when we had been wandering in the Luberon (I think), late back and where to eat - Antonia kindly fitted us in. I suspect that the "nous somme desole - we are full" is a regular happening - make sure you make a reservation for a special treat. No fuss, just delicious food, beautifully presented and complemented by a good regional wine list - all very and I say VERY reasonably priced. Oh did I forget the fabulous service, personal and very warm!! While I have marked only one $ for price - don't be fooled the food is $$$$!!

2 Thank FOTOFREAK
NY/Westport/Provence
“Once again..the best in Avignon..perhaps Provence”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ca ma fait grand plaisir (it makes me happy) to see the sign in the front of this amazing restaurant,that I first discovered when it opened and truly wrote the first review on Trip Advisor, oui..a sign saying the restaurant is booked fully for the night. What magic that this amazing couple who do it all can continue to surprise me even when I know I am looking forward to what I experienced the last visit! The new menu for the spring is innovative, delicious and at 28 euros or so for a complete dinner (and please try the reasonable bottle of Rose from St Tropez...delicious and perfect for this cuisine) , is hard to beat ANYWHERE in France. I started with an amazing cool leek soup with pieces of serrano ham and other goodies. Amazing. The artisinal bread is dangerous as it is addicitive and you don't want to eat to much because the main plates on this menu are formidable. The magret de canard had always been my favorite until I tried the new Chicken dish that I devoured. Two breasts on a mound of Risotto in a light, provencal tomato sauce infused with fresh regional herbs. Honestly...I could have forced myself to order another portion even though I was very sated as the portions here are not small. The desserts are still in keeping with the rest of the menu and if you have the rom to add the cheese plate, c'est formable. All local fresh cheeses bought daily from the market. The owners speak French and English perfectly and will happily make you feel comfortable if you want to practice your French or just to talkin English. This is one of my favorite small restaurants in France. Go..and you will be a fan, too !!

1 Thank LeTerrible
Brisbane, Australia
“Best food of our France trip”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I booked in advance through facebook based on Tripadvisor reviews, and we are very glad we did. Reservations are a must, they were completely booked for the whole evening and not taking any walk ins when we were there.

It's easy to see why. The food was excellent and such good value. For entree I had the beef carpaccio and my wife had the goat's cheese croustillant, for mains we had the duck and chicken, for dessert the cheesecake and creme brulee for dessert. All the food was delicious and tasted very fresh. They are also happy to modify the meals a bit to your individual preferences.

The (native English speaking) front of house Antonia was very friendly and helpful. She remembered from our reservation discussions that it was our honeymoon and congratulated us when we arrived. Antonia was happy to explain the wine options to us and we very much enjoyed the one she recommended. Despite Antonia being the only person on the floor the service was prompt as well. We absolutely recommend going here.

Shorewood, Wisconsin
“The Best in Avignon for Many Reasons”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Make advance reservations at this gem of a restaurant or you will be disappointed. There's only one staggered seating per evening at this small and inviting location. A three course €27 menu is offered; a two course option as well. The entrees, main dishes and desserts are all excellent. I started with the apple meatloaf appetizer and had a lamb dish as a plat. Shared desserts with dining partners at the table. Enjoyed one of many excellent regional wine offerings. An exceptional restaurant operated by an exceptional couple; he in the kitchen, she in the front of the house. My thanks to them both for a memorable evening and dinner.

Visited April 2013