Lowest prices for your stay
$63
Free cancellation until 02/06/23
ibis$60
Expedia.com$63
travelup.com$82
All reviews train station old city room was small but clean reception desk main sights the heart of the city two nights on foot minute walk excellent location the palais des papes wall noise palace orange receptionist pope
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Although this is a smaller hotel than most Ibis facilities, their reception staff makes the difference and does their best for the guest feeling welcome. Their facilities (including breakfast room) are fine and guests find everything they want. When you pay the parking with them (which is shared with the railway station), it is 10 EUR cheaper than paying at the automatic parking lot cashier machine.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank otavio_silveira
Reviewed May 9, 2019

This Ibis is just to your right as you exit the train station. It's within walking distance to the main attractions as well. The entrance doesn't look very enticing but once you're up at the hotel proper it's nice like any other Ibis.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. Not a chain that gives any perks, just the basic necessities for a nice rest.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank KNDC3
Reviewed May 8, 2019

This hotel is steps from the Centre train station in Avignon. It has a rather odd arrangement of entrances, for security I suppose. The front desk staff are helpful, but some of them don’t speak English fluently. This led to a misunderstanding about payment of a dinner bill that’s now in the process of being sorted out after I left the hotel.

The rooms are very basic, as are the tiny bathrooms. The rooms and reception area are clean. The breakfast is adequate with several types of breads, cereals, fruit salad, and a few other items. In the eating area there was a self-service coffees machine which I didn’t use. I stayed for 2 nights, which is just right for exploring Avignon on foot. I asked for a room on the top floor “with a view” and stayed in room 303 which had a wonderful view of the medieval ramparts and Popes’ Palace. This hotel doesn’t have central heating, if it’s cold you have to request a space heater at reception, again hoping the clerk understands the word “heater.”

I’ve now stayed at 3 Ibis hotels in Spain and France on this trip. I find it very odd that a credit card verification isn’t done at check-in. If your reservation is pre-paid, be sure to provide the confirmation e-mail to prove it and keep receipts if asked to pay for bar or menu items.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the top floor "with a view."
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Nicolas C, General Manager at Ibis Avignon Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Good day madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.

My team and I are doing our best to speak with our guest in another language. All of us have diferent level in english but for sure they are doing their best to satisfy our guest. They ofcourse know what is a heater and what is air conditioning.... We also apreciate our guest to speak our beautiful language :)

I feel sorry for what you had to deal with your payment issues. It does not happen often (2 or 3 times a year) but I am happy that my team could find an happy solution. When I read your words, we can understand that we are thieves. I relly beleive this is not what you meant.

A few days ago, after guest requesting air conditioning, we turned on the air co. this means, Heating is no longer available in all the rooms. Fortunately, we have spare heaters to satisfy everybody. I am glad you could enjoy one of them.

I hope you will not be careful about these incidents and we will trust again on a future visit to enjoy the beautiful view of the room 303 :)

Nicolas
General manager Ibis hotel Avignon center

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights in this hotel . The Hotel is in very good location near the train and bus stations and 5 min walking to the old city center.
The rooms are clean, staff are very friendly and helpful. The online check in from Accor App was very nice, I didn't need to stay long time at reception to check in, I arrived to hotel and find my key ready. Breakfast is satisfying but can be improved by some green salad, but as overall a good and nice hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2019

The location was good as I arrived by bus and departed by train. Both located just minutes from the hotel.
We had the breakfast included in the price and it was decent.
The room was modern and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple