Lowest prices for your stay
$104
No prepayment needed
$105
Get rewarded with One Key
Lol.travel
$86
1,437 results
All reviews rooftop pool beautiful building superior room lovely hotel train station separate toilet the air conditioning side street inside the city walls secure parking old town central location an easy walk croissants avignon centre papal palace cloisters
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel with 2 children on a day with 37 degrees.

The rooms were much too warm, and even despite the late checkin at 4pm the room
was not ready at 4pm. very frustrating after a day of travelling

The were no umbrellas at the terrace of the pool and the terrace was very dirty.

The toilets at the reception were very dirty.

not a 4 star hotel, for me a 3 stars with a bad service...

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank AxelSegers
DIRECTION-AGH-CSL, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Cloitre Saint Louis, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced in the hotel.
I sincerely do regret that we did not live up to your expectations, be sure that all points noted will be fixed
we hope that you will give a second chance on the occasion of your next visit in Avignon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel and the room was ridiculously hot despite it being advertised as having aircon. It was cooler outside than in. Very little sleep was possible. Although the building and courtyards are full of character the room we had was not well appointed. There was quite a nice room top pool but it didn’t open until 9.30am.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DIRECTION-AGH-CSL, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Cloitre Saint Louis, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for giving us your trust during your stay at the CLOITRE SAINT LOUIS and also for writing about your experience with us. I am sincerely confused about this unfortunate experience.
Looking forward to welcome you again, I can assure you of our best endeavour to make your next stay a most agreeable one.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 22, 2019

By far and away the worst hotel of recent trips through Provence, and ranks fairly low in the all time list. Check in and out were the highlights of our experience here. Where to start? no wi-fi ( though they say they have), if you want a drink at the unmanned bar (?) you can telephone as directed by a sign on the bar a number, which rings out!!!the very average room was reached through a maze of building work, tiles heaped up, unfinished floors and a near blacked out chapel. The closet doors wouldn't close and made entering and exiting the room a difficult proposition. Breakfast was a dull as a Dublin grey sky, the lowlight being the disgusting scrambled eggs swimming in curdled milk. the hotel clearly wasn't ready to receive guests in the wing we were housed .

Room tip: dont bother in this hotel
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank dubchefontour

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much to take some of your time to share your opinion with us after your stay at the CLOITRE SAINT LOUIS.
We made our refurbishment program of our contemporary part. I wish to present our apologies for the inconvenience caused related further your stay.
This is does not reflect our quality of service and I hope to have the opportunity to gain your confidence back should your travel plans bring you to Avignon again.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 21, 2019

On arrival we were welcomed by two female desk clerks who cordial and extremely helpful. One had to show us to our room (thru an unmarked door, thru an old chapel - still used) They are in the middle of a renovation and we found this different in a good way.

This was in contrast to a male desk clerk who began the answer to every question with (I don't know). He didn't know how to get English on the computer and said; "that's the first time anyone ever asked that question".... Really????

Everything else was fine, we enjoyed our stay for the third time...

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,
I would like to warmly thank you for this positiv comment after your stay in our hotel CLOITRE SAINT LOUIS. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such nice compliments. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you for some real holidays in Avignon.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2019

We stayed at this hotel last month for two nights on a guided tour. I was very hesitant about staying here as I had read the reviews and also saw that they have attic rooms. I am extremely claustrophobic. We paid to upgrade our room the two nights at this hotel. Upon arrival, we presented our upgrade voucher and were told that they knew nothing about our upgrade and since they were full, there was nothing they could do for us anyway. Naturally, we were shown an attic room with a slanted ceiling and one small corner window. The AC was not working. They sent the bellhop up with a screwdriver. Needless to say, he could do nothing for us. The only saving grace was that our tour guide offered us her room or we would have had to leave and find a hotel in town at additional expense. I do not fault the tour company as our upgrade in the previous hotel went through without a problem. This place is very rundown and some rooms require you to carry your luggage up a staircase to your room. There has to be a better choice in Avignon

Date of stay: May 2019