“excellent”

Description: phone 04 90 82 33 98
York
“excellent”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was recommended by our hotel for our group. Slight problem in that it changed hands between booking and actually going, resulting in the booking getting lost, but luckily we checked ahead and all problems overcome! We were in upstairs room which they use for groups, very nice. Chose in advance special set meal including wine and coffee, enjoyed by all, good service. Would go again.

Visited May 2012

Sterling, Virginia
“Worst service of my life - stuck in the tourist ghetto”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have no idea how the food is - after two hours of waiting, we didn't get very much. Despite having reserved for a Saturday dinner, we were seated upstairs in what was apparently the "tourist ghetto" - very little French was being spoken. All of the French customers with reservations seemed to be seated downstairs. The menu sounded really good if a little pricy but my first clue should have been when it took over 30 minutes just to order the meal. After an hour and a half, the starters finally started showing up for the tables in this upstairs room. Our starters were OK, even warm, but nothing special. We noticed that none of the other tables upstairs had received main courses even as we finished our starters. The waiter was (reluctantly) apologetic and said he was waiting on the kitchen. Curious, I checked downstairs, where all of the customers had received or finished their main courses. At that point, none of the upstairs customers had yet received a main course (after 2 hours plus) and ultimately we joined a mass departure of almost all of the upstairs customers. I have no idea why this service was so bad and the staff made no attempt to explain the problem. I was ready to just walk out, but my wife insisted on paying for the wine (which we mostly didn't drink) and starters. So we spent 50 Euros and left very hungry. Too many better choices in Avignon.

• Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best meal I've had in France”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The food and service were grand! I went with 2 friends and it was a lovely evening.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Susan W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful food and great personable service”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The best meals we've had while in Provence; we paid 85 Euros for three people

Visited December 2011
Hong Kong
“Delicious but slightly pricey.”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I met a lovely Swedish elderly couple during our day trip around Provence. After sharing with them our unfortunate experience with food at Place d'Horloge, they recommended this restaurant to us.

Indeed it tasted lovely - 36 euros for a 3 course meal, and the house red was nice too. However the portions were slightly on the small side, and for this price I wasn't completely full by the end of the meal, though getting tipsy on the wine helped me forgot this!

The service was good; the manager was having fun chatting with a table of American tourists, and our waitress spoke perfect English.

The decor of the restaurant was sweet - many interesting trinkets, framed paintings, elegant lampshades and a funny wooden elephant on one of the tables.

• Visited May 2011