“Tiny, great atmosphere.”

Ranked #364 of 619 Restaurants in Avignon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very good seafood (of course). Nothing fancy, just fresh, simply cooked, delicious seafood. I particularly recommend the soup de poisson (my favorite dish when in the south of France). Dinner for 4 with wine was 140 Euros.

There are newer reviews for Palais du Maharaja

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The worst indian food we ever had in our Europe trip. trust me is not worth of the money. For example, we ordered sag paneer, but we had a shock as we were told that the paneer got melted into the gravy !!! Beware and stay away!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a veery good dinner and excellent service. Very recommended! The waiter we think was the owner was very kind and helped us choose our menu. Speaks English and French .

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I really loved this restaurant: but I didn't like pakoras. the cheese naan was ok. the samosas were good. j'ai solement pris les plats à emporter. it was really spicy. we ate in two and we spent 20 euros. the owner was very kind he gave us plastic forks :-)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great food and friendly service, I just found my Alu Gosht (lamb curry) lacking in kick as it wasn't spicy enough at all. The cheese naan was perfect though. If I have the opportunity to go back, I'll have to ask the chef to pump up the spices in the curry. Other than that, it's situated a few minutes' walk from the Palais des Papes and the Place de l'Horloge and it's close to the Porte de l'Oulle, which gives easy parking-access at the Parking de l'Oulle