“Wonderful hospitality a la Provencale!”
Review of La Violette

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avignon
La Violette
Ranked #24 of 55 Avignon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

This bed and breakfast is very well situated just outside the city wall of Avignon in a period home situated within a quiet street. Isabelle is a wonderful host who goes above and beyond what is required, picking us up from the train station, providing a lovely small dinner on our first night, as well as little welcoming treats. She also gave us extensive advice on touring the local region. Our room was well decorated and the breakfast was particularly good compared with others we have tried. In short, this is a wise choice for accommodation in Avignon.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sidney L

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The reviews are very accurate and Isabelle is indeed an exceptional person. Our TGV train was nearly an hour late, but she was still there waiting for us! She then gave us a tour of Avignon so we were able to get our bearings and understand where to go to the places she recommended for us. She went out of her way to make sure we made the most of the 4 nights we had in Avignon. At the end of the long days it was so nice to be able to walk 'home'!
We enjoyed listening to her very talented children practicing their music, that was very relaxing.
My husband is a chef and Isabelle was kind enough to give him a recipe book when we left and he will be trying out her favourite recipes!
And of course, the breakfasts were superb and so plentiful. We have such happy memories of our stay with Isabelle.

Room Tip: We had the room with the balcony and it was just delightful sitting out there eating our magnificent...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoutiquePinjarra
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We spent a very enjoyable five nights at La Violette. Isabelle picked us up and dropped us at the TGV station.. Her lovely old house is situated in a suburb, but it is a short walk into the old town, and to the main railway and bus stations.

Isabelle, who is very friendly and helpful, provided a wonderful breakfast every morning, which we ate on the balcony of our room. We didn't need lunch! There is a kitchenette provided for guests, with fridge and a small hob.

The bed was comfortable, and the room and the bathroom were both very clean. An electric fan was provided.

Isabelle's children were delightful and we enjoyed listening to them play instruments from time to time.

The garden is full of old trees, and is a shady place to relax and enjoy a glass of wine.

A lovely place to stay and we would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Having the room with the balcony was an added bonus.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jennylouise
Reviewed June 8, 2013

La Violette is a lovely house with French character, comfort and a tasty fresh breakfast near to Avignon's beautiful old town. However, it's not just the bed and breakfast that makes this a must-stay accommodation - it's Isabelle's hospitality. If you enjoy a host who is happy to take the time to welcome you with tasty local treats, gives insight and tips on the best places to see in and around Avignon and the best restaurants to eat in away from the tourist trap - then you will love Isabelle. She even prepared me a lavender remedy spray for my terrible cold. Isabelle's recommendations were really instrumental in making our trip one to remember. I

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky H
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at La Violette in April 2012, when I decided to do the first solo trip of my life, and it was to Southern France. La Violette was a very rare find, as it was kind of in the suburbs and one feels like a local staying there. City centre and train station were just a short walk away.

The traditional house had a cosy decor, and my room had a lovely balcony through which I could space out and enjoy the sunshine pouring in every morning. I actually looked forward to going 'home' everyday instead of staying out late like a tourist, as the room and house were just so nice to be in. I appreciated very much the generous homemade breakfast and occasional snack from my host, Isabelle. She is a very charismatic and warm lady with whom you could chat about life, amongst other things.

The greatest thing about my stay was the people in the house - Isabelle, her children and two lovely exchange students. I especially enjoyed hearing the children playing music every evening - it was such a joy. It was the first time I felt like a local in a foreign country, and part of a big family - something that touched me very deeply. Isabelle treated me like a family friend, and gave me a lot of information and history on things and sights in Avignon, including classical music concerts and visit to a nearby quaint village that made my trip a really relaxing and insightful one. I basked in the simple and heartwarming daily lives of the people, and this made it really great for a solo vacation to unwind and reflect on life.

If you are looking for a place with a personal touch to unwind and steep in the local culture, this is it. :)

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jean L
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Beautiful garden, big swimming pool and very refinement decorative in every room.
all things are just like what we saw in the movie or in the dream.
locate in a calm corner residential, only 10 minute to the centre train station in avignon,
close to several supermarket and bakery.
quitelly enjoy this personal holiday such like a family vacation !!

Room Tip: There are 3 twin room and 2 single room in the house, if you are balcon lover, try to ask the garden...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TingYung y
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We went to London, Brussel, Amsterdom, Swiss, Firenze, France (7 cities) in 2012 Apirl to May. La Violette is my favorite B&B in this trip, It's very clean, comfortable room, private bathroom, and very rich brackfast, the hostess very nice and cordial, because her suggest and introduce than we had a unforgettable in Avignon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends