“I cannot wait to get to the wine store!”
Review of Avignon Wine Tours

Avignon Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 37 Tours in Avignon
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I cannot wait to get to the wine store!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I heard about Avignon Wine Tours through TripAdvisor and do not at all regret moving forward with the experience. We had one day to spend in Avignon, only, and we could not have done better than spending it with Francois.

Francois definitely has a sense of humor, which we enjoyed, but more than anything we valued his knowledge. This was the FOURTH wine education experience I that I have had like this and it was the FIRST time that I walked away really feeling like I learned something. Francois made it easier by distributing some cards to help us with wine classification during our day and also made a list of what scents might exist in wine. We went to a wine education museum, did a number of tastings, and truly had an excellent lunch. I cannot wait to get to my local wine shop and read some labels, as I feel like I have a whole new perspective on what I once considered very intimidating French wine labels (I used to think, what does this all mean?!).

By the end of it I was so comfortable that I felt like I was on a family tour through Provence. A+, well done, Francois.

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“We had so much fun on our Chateauneuf du Pape tour”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Francois is very knowledgeable and provided an exceptional wine tour. We wanted to learn about Chateauneuf du Pape wines, and wine tasting. Our tour was a full day and included a memorable lunch in Chateauneuf du Pape. We started with a visit to a vineyard and throughout the day, visited five wineries. We also learned enough about wine tasting, to embrace those embarrassing requests in restaurants, to taste your wine selections. Francois was very professional, had a great sense of humour, was very knowledgeable about wine and proud of his country. He shared a lot of his knowledge throughout the tour. Our only regret is that we didn't have time to book a second tour with him.

Visited May 2013
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Highly professional”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a great day with Francois, who was very courteous, thoughtful, knowledgeable about wine and the region, and most of all great fun!

Atlanta
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“If you like Wine DO THIS TOUR!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have done tours in Napa and Sonoma and they were not nearly as informative, interesting or fun as this tour. In the day spent with David, I learned more about wine than in any prior experience. It deepened my understanding and love of wine, while just having a fun time traveling into small villages with excellent wine that I doubt I would have visited on my own.

If you are in Avignon and you like wine, do this tour! I promise you will not regret it - and make sure you buy some wine along the way.

This is a private wine tour that you can set to your own desires.

Verona, New Jersey
“Francois...the complete package”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I took the tour with Francois. Francois has created an exceptional wine tour by focusing on all aspects of the tour and parts of your day. He is a wine connoisseur, an advocate of the French wine industry, a marketer, a teacher, a disc jockey, a comic and a story teller. Bravo...