“Well located and with charming service”

Autour du Petit Paradis
Ranked #7 of 53 Avignon B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Well located and with charming service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Patrick and Sabine will make you feel at home in their cosy and well located rooms. They are kind and helpful and this makes this accommodation a very smart choice in Avignon. The place is really quite and at the same time is very close to the buzzy area of the city.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stevenson Ranch, California
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this place after doing a lot of research on places to stay in Avignon. We chose this place because it was centrally located which allowed us to walk everywhere we wanted to visit. It was a very unique place and the room was very nice. We had a studio room that was beautifully decorated and came with a small kitchenette which was great for making breakfast or reheating food. The bathroom and shower were small (by American standards) but very nice and typical in size for Europe. Our room overlooked the garden and we woke to the sound of trickling water in their garden fountain. Very nice! Patrick and Sabine, the owners of this establishment, were simply amazing. They were so nice and accommodating. Patrick gave us a driving tour through the surrounding small towns and villages (for a very reasonable fee). We had some problems with our internet connection in our room and Patrick gave us his laptop with his own connection just to make sure we had internet access. We really didn't need it, but my point is Patrick wanted to make sure we were absolutely happy and taken care of. You won't get that kind of personal service at a hotel! Patrick and Sabine helped us with directions to places, advice on places to eat and anything else we asked of them. They are truly a very nice couple who care about their customers. This is NOT a hotel so people who want a hotel-style place where they make your bed and clean your room everyday should go elsewhere. But if you want to experience Avignon from a central location with friendly hosts and an "apartment-style" room, we highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: This place is located on a quite street so any room should be OK as far as noise, but I would recomm...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at Autour du Petit Paradis recently for the second time, and can confirm that my first experience here was not a fluke--it was every bit as wonderful, and even a bit more. I am a stage manager for a New York-based dance company that performed in Avignon in the winter festival in 2010, and we returned this year to perform in Festival Avignon in July.

Patrick welcomed me with a big hug when I arrived, and showed me to Room 8 on the second floor. It was the same footprint as the room I stayed in last year, but one floor higher--and wow, if I thought Room 4 was charming, imagine my delight when I not only had a view of the lovely small street the hotel is on, but also now a view of the sunset over the rooftops. Glorious!

As before, the setup--a one-room studio with full kitchenette and bathroom with shower--was ideal for my purposes. I prefer to have arrangements that allow me to be totally self-sufficient and to live as closely as possible to how I live at home, including shopping for local produce and preparing it myself, and this little hotel is absolutely ideal for this. I'd highly recommend it to any fellow performing arts people who are in town for either the winter or summer festival.

In particular, Patrick and Sabine are a valuable resource. They speak English, though they were also very happy to help me along in my quest to learn French. They can recommend restaurants, laundromats, and markets for whatever you may need in the area. And my favorite aspect of staying with them: They feel like friends. Honestly, you couldn't find friendlier innkeepers anywhere.

Room Tip: Room 8 has a delightful view of the charming street and the sky above the rooftops of adjacent build...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
surrey, uk
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would recommend the Autour du Petit Paradis to anyone staying in Avignon. It's like having your own home in France rather than staying in a hotel. Sabine and Patrick the owners are very helpful and extremely friendly. We booked a wine tour whilst we were there which we would recommend to do if you are in the area. Also just a stroll from your room is an amazing restaurant called D'Spice and Love, which we ate in every night of our stay, truely you will love it. Don't listen to anybody saying anything bad about this place, it's perfect and Avignon is beautiful too, so many places to go in the surrounding area, a great base.

1 Thank karen p
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am in this hotel now. Our room is 12 square meters including the bathroom. Our bed is 140 cm wide. The aircon won't go above 23 degrees but in truth the room is no warmer than 18 degrees so I am shivering in bed. They use blankets rather than duvets which I dislike. The wind is howling outside. This wind is called a Mistral apparently and it happens often.

These guys are serviced apartments and hence don't do check in after 7pm in the evening. I called from st tropez at 3 pm while I was having lunch to ask when reception closes and he told me they would rather drop my booking than wait for us later than 7, so we had to wolf down our food. Oh why didn't we just stay there? Avignon is a grim, cold, windy unpleasant place with nothing to do and nowhere to eat.

Go to the Côte d'Azur. This whole city is a nasty place. Unless you are a massochist, of course.

Room Tip: Go to to Nice instead
1 Thank Mike A
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were delighted with our 4 day stay at the Autour du Petit Paradis. The self catering arrangements providing us with a 2 room appartment with kitchenette gave us the complete independence that we value and which is not available in conventional hotels. We knew in advance that the location was central making everywhere in the old city accessible on foot but what we did not expect was how quiet it was too. Patrick and Sabine made us feel very welcome and gave us whatever help we asked for. They made us feel almost as if we were in a private home but with no obligations attached. Altogether a very satisfying and happy experience.

Room Tip: Our appartment (No. 11) was at the top of the house and the 34 steps required to get tyhere might no...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

we spent 5 nights at Autour du Petit Paradis and were very happy we did. We rented the studio and although small, it was exactly as presented. The room was very clean and very functional. We had everything we needed for our stay. Sabine and Patrick are fantastic hosts and offered guidance and assistance to make our explorations of the area as easy and fun as possible. We would recommend Autour du Petit Paradis without hesitation. Thank you Sabine and Patrick.

Room Tip: Although our room was on the street side, the windows gave excellent sound insulation.