“Pizza made in a wood-burning oven. Yummy!”
Review of Le Verso

Le Verso
Ranked #94 of 628 Restaurants in Avignon
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Went with a large group on the recommendation of hotel staff and everyone really enjoyed it. I preferred my pizza as I found the pasta quite rich, but both were really good. Good salads too. We went early but by the time we left the restaurant was packed with locals. It is very centrally located and easy to get to.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We have been directed to some others restaurants in the neighborhood. But decided to go with recommendation from tripadvior. We had 1 pizza, a risotto, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 deserts. We paid 35 euro, the food was delicious, service very helpful and the music was at the right volume. The place has a huge stone oven. We Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

A minute's walk from the hubbub of the main square, off Rue Favant, Le Verso offers Italian-French value that's hard to beat. Portions are generous, the house wine is excellent and the service friendly and efficient. I made the mistake of ordering both soup and a pasta dish: the soup-bowl's capacity was based on the bucket, its contents (carrot and coconut) hot and appetising. The pasta - spinach/ricotta canneloni - was almost enough for two people, and as near-perfect as I could hope for. On the second and third visits, our ordering was more circumspect, and each time the food was great. Le Verso's menu is pretty standard but every dish we tried was properly seasoned and served hot. Its pizzas were excellent - thin crust, wood-oven baked, savoury and tasty. Puddings are varied and, again, generous; the profiteroles for the greedy only! A popular restaurant with the locals, there were families with well-behaved children dining there. Hard, nay impossible, to fault.

1  Thank marele
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Being a vegetarian and pregnant while on vacation in France has it's challenges when it comes to partaking in local cuisine so my husband and I were ecstatic to find this wonderful little "pizzeria" (not the uber casual order at the counter type places typical in the US) off the touristy beaten path in Avignon close to the Palais des Papes and our hotel. It has a huge wood-fired oven at the back of the little restaurant, which turns out delicious thin-crust pizzas, and lends a cozy atmosphere to the somewhat stark environs. The salade verte was delicious and fresh with shavings of parmigian on top. I truly savored the 4 saisons pizza topped with red onions, peppers, olives, mushrooms and artichokes and my hubby was thrilled with his margarita pie to which he had sauccises des Napoli (thin sliced type of salami) added. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, the clientele mostly locals out with family and friends and the owner (at least ihe appeared to be) spoke English, which helped
supplement my broken French and explain a few listed ingredients (the menu is only in
French but don't let that deter you--that's the case with most of the best local spots). They also have some pasta dishes on the menu including lasagna and eggplant parm, as well as some meats and various antipasti. We may have to go back tomorrow night!

Reviewed April 14, 2010

I was in Avignone on Easter. I ate here in this wonderful place - very nice, a mix of Italian and france style, two times, on saturday for dinner and on sunday for lunch, to celebrate Easter!!! I was very lucky because It was always busy. I ate a very italian pizza wood baking staffed with good tomatoes sauce and mozzarella!!!!! And what tells about desserts and coffee??? Very very very good! The owner is very nice and the waiter/waitress very fast and efficient.