“Nothing to write home about”
Review of La salicorne - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Avignon, France
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have often passed in front of this restaurant and I've thought about eating there for several weeks now. Unfortunately, having eaten there I feel that I was excited for nothing. The restaurant offers a menu at 13 Euro (plat principal, dessert, vin, café) but the waitress explained to me that I could not order it as it was a public holiday. I felt cheated by the fact that, apparently on public holidays, only the more expensive dishes were available. That being said, the dishes seem of a good quality. I sampled a pork filet with a honey and spice sauce and chips. The sauce was tasty and the pork was deliciously tender but it was nothing to write home about. The waitress seemed a little negligent in the fact that she stood by and did nothing when we were accosted by a passerby while we were eating. We had requested that the person leave but she continued standing next to our table, in full sight of the waitress who just stood by and watched the scene playing out. I am not suggesting that the waitress should have come to our rescue like a superhero, but a little assistance would have been welcome. All in all, I found this restaurant to be average - neither bad nor exceptionally good.

• Visited May 2012

London
“Delicious seafood salad”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Was looking for a good fish option for dinner in Avignon and tried the Salicorne. After an initial hiccup where the tuna wasn't available, the waitress came back to say the chef would happily make the seafood salad for us. The result was delicious, a very filling and enjoyable salad and the service was great throughout. For some reason the restaurant was very quiet, only one other couple while we were there, but if the salad was anything to go by, this is a good restaurant. It's in the pedestrianised shopping area which may put people off in the evening but it's worth a visit and would happily return on another trip.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank ASWh
Concord, Massachusetts
“Good French food, nice staff.”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had the chicken fondue -- nice spices, good meat. The house wines were excellent and the service was quick, competent, helpful and friendly.

2 Thank Tom H