If you are looking for a truly amazing stay with great hosts, look no further, Coté Square is the place for you. My wife and I stayed there for two nights last May just before our wedding and we could not have hoped for a better place or better hosts.
First of, the B&B itself. The location is perfect - right in the centre of Avignon, yet in a quiet street allowing a great night sleep. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast served every morning by Veronique is simply delicious! There are lots to choose from: fresh fruit salad, croissants, pains au chocolats, brioches, baguettes as well as homemade jams and locally produced honeys and yoghurts. A wonderful start to the day!
Now, the hosts. Véronique and Frédéric are exceptional hosts - and I mean it. As mentioned by other guests, they have a very good knowledge of Avignon and will recommend the best café and restaurants in town, far from the tourists traps so do ask for their advice. But beyond that, they are genuinely nice people. The day before our wedding, Heathrow was shut which meant that for a few hours I thought my parents and sisters would not be able to make it to our wedding. We knocked at Véronique and Frédéric's door in despair to ask if we could borrow their computer to find a way to get them to Avignon and they warmly welcomed us into their flat. We spent a good 3 hours there and they were wonderful. Not only did they offer to use their phone and computer but they also actively helped us, looking for solutions on their laptop as well. They were amazing and we are truly grateful of their help and kindness.
So here we are, we couldn't recommend Coté Square more. Thanks again Veronique and Frédéric, we will definitely be back!
PS: for those of you who wonder, we did find a way (Eurostar) and everyone made it to the wedding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The house is located within the rampart, in the historical center of Avignon, close to the Teinturiers street, 5 minutes walking distance from the Palais des Papes, behind the former General Alms (Arts School), right next to the Pétramale Square.It offers you its private garage should you decide to bring a car.Its rooms and its terrace will make it the ideal stop for you to enjoy Avignon and its surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cote Square B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cote Square Bed And Breakfast
- Cote Square Hotel Avignon