“not so please..”

Au Tout Petit
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

went there last week for lunch..restaurant is in a quiet street not far from the market..inside deco is ordinary and chair not very confortable..food is ok but very basic ..starter was fine and rich ,main course was fish special wish was like a gurnard fillet simply with rice and mix vegetable including corns from a tin...shame in provence..had a nice bottle of cotes du rhone not too expensive (21 euros),dessert was not on my taste..on the top of that ,the over stressed waiter poured over my hand both plate he was clearing from the table.plates were picked up but the left over food stayed on the ground for the rest of our meal..don t know why but was expecting some kind of gesture....i was a bit desappointed by the all experience but ,still, will give it a try cause i believe they had a bad day..

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is really a well hidden spot (although it now boasts a window on Rue Thiers), in the Center of Avignon and quite close to the Halles (Place Pie). The food is excellent, very creative (as they say), very fresh and well presented. Tasty and original too.
It is a small and crowded little place. I strongly advise reservations (even by email).
Their special is 12€ for the "plat du jour" and a choice of fabulous desserts on the Menu. From the Menu itself, one of us had the "steak tartare", first rate with mustard icecream and a side dish of vegetables and the other the spicy veal stew, accompanied by black olive mashed potatoes. Dessert were a miniature, outstanding cheesecake with lemoncurd icecream and fresh berries or the sascher torte, also in diminutive portion.
Lots of "steaks tartare" were being served and that's a sign of good fresh food, as otherwise it can quickly spell d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r.
The service was nice, although iffy at times, as the waiter seemed at a loss amidst the crowd of local diners.
Please:Note that the Menu changes every two months.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My partner and I had lunch three times at the Tout Petit over the past couple of months and we were never disappointed. The 12-euro menu is a bargain. I can't think of another place where you can eat such fresh, tasty, creative and savoury cuisine at such a price. But when we ate there last Saturday we found that owner Silvère Vivien really outdid himself. With one waiter missing he managed to maintain a speedy and friendly service of the highest quality. We saw him whizzing past at great speed, taking orders and serving meals without delay, putting bread and wine on all tables in a flash, having a nice word to everyone (he speaks good English too!) and generally maintaining the high standard of service that we've come to enjoy.
The food was as we love it, imaginative, stimulating our tastebuds in the most positive way. The creamy-crunchy rhubarb dessert is an absolute must.
Congratulations Silvère for a job more than well done. We'll be back!

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

If you wany to try something completely different this is it. This restaurant gave us a feast not only for our bellies but all our senses really. The vision & aromas were amazing and everything unique. Although the food wasn't all too our tastes we certainly found enough to leave feeling absolutely stuffed.

1  Thank lovinhippos
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place was a real disappointment for us. For starters, the glasses on the table were dirty; I'm not talking smudged; I'm talking about food chunks on the wine glass dirty!! I ordered a tuna and swordfish carpaccio for an entree and it was warm - love sushi & creative dishes with raw fish; but warm; room temperature seafood?? My husband and I both had some sort of a moroccan inspired stew (thought this sounded pretty safe) and the meat was fatty and chewy. I will say the dessert (chocolate lava cake) was pretty amazing. Service was kind of interesting. When I didn't eat all of the entree (see warm fish comments); the chef came out and kind of interrogated me; tried to pass it off that I was just full - yikes! My thoughts are they just try to hard to be "out there" and unique and should maybe focus on getting a few things right...like maybe clean dishes for starters. Just saying.