“Convinient, Friendly, Easy to handle and totally no character”

Adagio Access Avignon
Ranked #38 of 69 Hotels in Avignon
Russia
“Convinient, Friendly, Easy to handle and totally no character”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

i have stayed for two nights in the hotel - and the selection was myde from two criteria - it shal lbe close to the TGV station and have some self cooking facility, supermarket procimity would be of a plus.

At the end I got what i was looking for and not much extra, which as a traveler you always hope for. Yet point by point.

Positive:

1.The hotel is very very close to the station TGV Avignion - i.e. you can walk there, the only hardship (and it shall be in negative though) there is no signs or direction asking - I have asked in Europecar rental - was easy to find if you know where.
2. As i arrived after the receptionist was off (till 21.00 normal daya and 20.00 days off) - the preparation was perfectly done by the hotel personnel - i.e. I got mail with access code and the card was easy to get! it was done by the hotel without extra question from my side - so it is very very good!
3. The hotel is clean and proper - you have what you promised in pictures - kitchennete was nice and easy - full equiped, the room is size of rather small - I had a studio - yet in a sunny weather i could see the Papal Palace from my window - which is nice treat!
4. There is all easy around - big 8huge) carefour just a bout 10 minutes walking, bus to the station of center Avinion - you need to pay 1,3 euro each way or buy a ticket card for 4 euro a day...- yet you need to get to the city to buy one
5. Personnel - usually in this region of France treat of tourist may be harsh - but the ladies on the reception were super nice and the hotel got overall one more point from me just becuase of them.

Negative:
1. You have total no face hotel - it was a feeling of motel for truck drivers with clear rooms and no strange smell - just totaly dormitory /motel feeling - even the room colors and pictures on the walls were not too nice. In any case - if you look for romantic, plush or whatever place you are used to - this is not the one! It is nice for budget oriented, long time out of the room tourist group of younger age I guess. Remember to clean the dishes and throw away the rubbish - which I find totaly ok, but for 25 euro fine it shall be a pain!
2. Internet - you have wire internet in the room - i.e. your ipads and other things are not working in the room, I knew it before and had no problem with it - yet with some funny tourist in the lobby looking for wifi signal I understood it is not as it should be. Wire Internet worked OK though
3. The fridge in the room was too laud for me - happends up and now in different hotel - usual remedy - put it on minimal points in the night and maximum points in the day. But still two time waked up in the night was not easy.
4. Overall there is nothing to do around hotel apart from rail and supermarket malls - i.e. you need a car (parking is extra cost) or by bunded to bas or taxi! There is nothing around I discovered, yet the city has a lot to offer for me and the rugby mutch i was there for I managed with no problem to come back at ca 23.00 to hotel room!
5. There is stupid policy that you get no Accor points if you booked not from the accor web side but booking sites - which is totaly nonsense to me, even it is least from the hardship of all.

Hotel has a lift - shall be ok for the family with trolleys and also for those in chair, pets are welcome, yet not tested from me this time.

Overall I would say it is a place if you not look for the luxury and comfort with character, but the cost and efficienca and of course if you have some preferance with food and rooms!

I would recomend it for the anyone who is no frills traveller and want a cheap stay in Avignion, otherwise you will have to pay much more in much worse ... It is convinient, but will not fit well for the honeymoon!

One more time - thanks for the personnel of the hotel 8reception and welcome guests) - they make it nice!

Room Tip: Look for the one overlooking the road - this has a view to the city - you will see the Papal palce f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Invercargill
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel was good as it was priced at approx $110nz per night......and this was the most economical place I could find. It had a kitchenette that we could cook real food with a microwave and hotplates. Bathroom, bed and TV and wardrobe space. We were in Avignon for 6 nights and able to unpack and settle. Walking distance to a supermarket and bus into Avignon city just down the road with a regular service. Had a laundry, coin operated and worst point of whole hotel was there was only wifi available in the lobby.....which was often busy and noisy. But in the whole it was very OK.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacie D
Pretoria
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the price and was very satisfied. The reception staff was very friendly and helpfull and secure parking was available on site. The kitchenette was really nice and we could prepare our own breakfast and supper. The old town was not far away and could be reached by car. A supermarket nearby provided all our supplies.We appreciated BBC on the TV because we don't understand any French and like to know what is happening in the world.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reisigerPretoria
UNITED KINGDOM
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed there more than once and it is convenient: close to TGV station (3mn walk), frequent bus to Avignon City center (10mn).

My only issue was that some of the rooms have the smell of cigarette smoke. If you are not smoker then this could be an issue.

But I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank H_MISTRALI
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance from TGV station in Avignon. There is no clear signage but you can check the direction from information counter at the station. There are a lot of Chinese tourists here. The manager was not very friendly and insist that we cannot have early check-in before 2pm. We can leave our luggage in the luggage room. You need to take a bus on the opposite side of the hotel to go the city and there is only one bus so you wont get lost. The room has a small kitchen with complete utensils for cooking. Wifi only available at the lobby. There will be no receptionist after 9pm so you have to use the access key given.Not much food options around the area except hotels nearby or go to the city. The price is relatively cheaper than hotels in the walled city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FoongSin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night in mid July and whilst the Avignon festival was on - all hotels in Avignon were booked out! We had no choice but to book the adagio. Before booking, we were fully aware of the 'condition' of the hotel I.e. it's more of a self service apartment rather than a normal accor group hotel. We arrived late into Avignon that evening around 7 pm and had to rush off into town for an appointment. So we didn't get the chance to ask for the usual Internet access etc. questions nor checked out the room properly before heading out. Turns out Internet was only available in the lobby with an access code which we did not manage to get before the reception closed. And hair dryers are only available at the reception upon request! Note: reception closes at 9 pm.

Anyway, if I had not paid 90€ for the room, I wouldn't be whinging at all because its reasonably clean and have free street parking right outside the hotel! (Hotel car park was full by the time we arrived) but the sad truth is - I paid 90€ for a below average room and I had to sleep with wet hair so I would only recommend this hotel if you're desperate!

Room Tip: Get everything you need from the receptionist before it closes for the night!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Avignon hotels