i have stayed for two nights in the hotel - and the selection was myde from two criteria - it shal lbe close to the TGV station and have some self cooking facility, supermarket procimity would be of a plus.
At the end I got what i was looking for and not much extra, which as a traveler you always hope for. Yet point by point.
1.The hotel is very very close to the station TGV Avignion - i.e. you can walk there, the only hardship (and it shall be in negative though) there is no signs or direction asking - I have asked in Europecar rental - was easy to find if you know where.
2. As i arrived after the receptionist was off (till 21.00 normal daya and 20.00 days off) - the preparation was perfectly done by the hotel personnel - i.e. I got mail with access code and the card was easy to get! it was done by the hotel without extra question from my side - so it is very very good!
3. The hotel is clean and proper - you have what you promised in pictures - kitchennete was nice and easy - full equiped, the room is size of rather small - I had a studio - yet in a sunny weather i could see the Papal Palace from my window - which is nice treat!
4. There is all easy around - big 8huge) carefour just a bout 10 minutes walking, bus to the station of center Avinion - you need to pay 1,3 euro each way or buy a ticket card for 4 euro a day...- yet you need to get to the city to buy one
5. Personnel - usually in this region of France treat of tourist may be harsh - but the ladies on the reception were super nice and the hotel got overall one more point from me just becuase of them.
1. You have total no face hotel - it was a feeling of motel for truck drivers with clear rooms and no strange smell - just totaly dormitory /motel feeling - even the room colors and pictures on the walls were not too nice. In any case - if you look for romantic, plush or whatever place you are used to - this is not the one! It is nice for budget oriented, long time out of the room tourist group of younger age I guess. Remember to clean the dishes and throw away the rubbish - which I find totaly ok, but for 25 euro fine it shall be a pain!
2. Internet - you have wire internet in the room - i.e. your ipads and other things are not working in the room, I knew it before and had no problem with it - yet with some funny tourist in the lobby looking for wifi signal I understood it is not as it should be. Wire Internet worked OK though
3. The fridge in the room was too laud for me - happends up and now in different hotel - usual remedy - put it on minimal points in the night and maximum points in the day. But still two time waked up in the night was not easy.
4. Overall there is nothing to do around hotel apart from rail and supermarket malls - i.e. you need a car (parking is extra cost) or by bunded to bas or taxi! There is nothing around I discovered, yet the city has a lot to offer for me and the rugby mutch i was there for I managed with no problem to come back at ca 23.00 to hotel room!
5. There is stupid policy that you get no Accor points if you booked not from the accor web side but booking sites - which is totaly nonsense to me, even it is least from the hardship of all.
Hotel has a lift - shall be ok for the family with trolleys and also for those in chair, pets are welcome, yet not tested from me this time.
Overall I would say it is a place if you not look for the luxury and comfort with character, but the cost and efficienca and of course if you have some preferance with food and rooms!
I would recomend it for the anyone who is no frills traveller and want a cheap stay in Avignion, otherwise you will have to pay much more in much worse ... It is convinient, but will not fit well for the honeymoon!
One more time - thanks for the personnel of the hotel 8reception and welcome guests) - they make it nice!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Adagio Access Avignon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adagio Access Avignon Hotel Avignon
- Citea Hotel Avignon