“a man of many talents”

Chez Felix
Ranked #64 of 282 Restaurants in Arles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chez Felix is also listed on www.happycow.com Type: Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, International, Juice bar, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg Info: Serves meat, veg options available. Serves organic soups, salads and curries. Overlooks the Roman Arena. Vegans please inquire. Has outdoor seating.Hours: Open Thur-Tue 11am-3pm, 7-10pm, closed Wed. Price Range: Moderate.Fantastic restaurant,should be on trip advisor Phone 0950796357
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Eric has to be the nicest and coolest proprietor/chef that you could wish to meet.I had the pleasure of eating at his restaurant on the penultimate evening of a two week trip to the camargue and it proved to be one of the gastro highlights of the journey for me. I was dining alone as my partner had eaten some tainted seafood at another local restaurant the previous evening and wasn't feeling well.Earlier in the day i had by chance met Eric at the saturday market and on hearing of my girlfriends plight,he insisted i call to his restaurant later that morning for a herbal remedy that he would assemble to aid her recovery. I was amazed,who does this kind of thing anymore? and especially for a complete stranger. To cut a long story short, his herbal tea did the trick and i was extremely grateful as was my partner.that evening i decided to go to the restaurant to thank him and to eat and wow what a fabulous dining experience. chez felix is a small restaurant maybe 10 tables but the food and service are wonderful. A terrifically crunchy and flavourful salad was followed by a wonderfully fragrant chicken curry ( with extra chillies on side for added heat) washed down by a pichon of local red wine. A simple menu it may be but superbly executed.I would highly recommend chez felix .a great location opposite the amphitheater and if the mosquitos of the camargue are bothering you Eric has the most effective repellent on hand to make your dining experience a pleasant one. thank you Monsieur Eric, until the next time.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

On a cold rainy day in Arles, we saught shelter in this cosy cafe overlooking the ampitheatre. It was a true delight to find such warm hospitality from Felix and his sister. The homecooked curry was such a delight after 2 weeks of French cuisine and the chocolate fondant, to die for. But the best part of this afternoon was the company and hospitality of this wonderful pair. You felt like you were sitting in grandma's kitchen. Thanks guys for one of our special memories of France. 10/10. Wendy and Ho.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was one of my "the food was so good, I just wanted to hold it in my mouth and cry" experiences. I was captured first by the setting: outside in literally the shadow of the ancient amphitheatre that is the center of the old city of Arles. The second thing I noted was the "slow food" sign in the window. I had a half litre of a dry rose that was wonderful. Ingredients are all fresh and organic. Felix is charming. The salad was heavenly, with crisp, fresh greens (I'd have preferred them torn a little smaller, but, hey, that's what the knife was for!), and a freshly-made vinaigrette dressing that was to die for. My entree was a mild chicken curry that was seasoned perfectly for me (I did add a little salt, and additional hot sauce was offered if I wanted it; I didn't, but my Australian neighbors did). It was a perfect evening for me as the sky darkened and flying birds were silhouetted against the sky through the arches of the amphitheater (where bullfights are still held!). At the next restaurant someone played a guitar in rhythms that sounded distinctly Spanish (Provence is quite close to Spain, and the music is regional, rather than strictly national). Overall, this was a top lifetime experience, and Chez Felix is not to be missed!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We chose this restaurant because of its extensive vegetarian options, but also some non-veg for my boyfriend. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy and we seated ourselves with a nice view of the amphitheatre, only to have to wait about 20 minutes to even be acknowledged by the waitresses. We chose instantly from the impressive looking menu, but my boyfriend was told his choice was no longer available. He chose another and the same thing happened, and ended up going through the entire non-veg section, being told each time that they simply didn't have it. He settled unhappily on a vegetarian curry, and myself on a quiche and salad, and we waited another ten minutes for our drinks orders to be taken. Just as we received our drinks, the waitress came out to inform me unapologetically that there was no quiche. I asked for pasta, no pasta. The soup was also mysteriously unavailable. I asked what was available and she said 'salad'. It was 7:30 by then, the restaurant had only been open for half an hour and there were barely two meals available from their prominently displayed menu. We left, after paying $5 for two cans of Coke, and ended up with a far more satisfying dinner of Pringles and Mars bars. Felix, you might want to check the contents of your fridge before opening in future.

2  Thank pariswithalice
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stumbled upon this little cafe in the shade on a hot summer day and found an amazing gourmet meal with fresh ingredients and fabulous service. One of the best meals of the trip! Tres magnifique!

1  Thank monlane