“Convenient, but could do with some updating.”
Review of Hotel du Forum

Hotel du Forum
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Arles
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Certainly very convenient, within walking distance of everything. Family owned, and everyone was very nice and very helpful. However, the rooms appear to have been last painted many many years ago, and the mattress should have been replaced long ago. On the other hand, the rates were very reasonable, and everything was clean. Outside our window was a beautiful garden. They park your car in a garage for 10 Euros/night so you don't have to fight through the extremely narrow streets around the hotel (although just finding the hotel in a car was a challenge).
Adequate breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank metaligenics
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Forum

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just spent three nights here as part of a group tour. Some positives, some negatives. First, the price. If I was reading the sign right, the price of the room was only 60 euros -- I can't say for sure since the room price was included in my tour. Other positives: largish room, clean-looking. shower worked well, internet connection strong. Breakfast good, but don't ask for more than one croissant, as you will be denied (and maybe reprimanded). Negatives: a VERY large roach was sitting on my bathroom floor one evening; other folks on my tour found some bugs in their bed... just sayin'. But the biggest disappointment to me was the odd punitive, unwelcome manner of the manager and, in turn, some of her staff. The bit about asking for another croissant. My friend and I asking for early morning coffee (8:00! Not really early!) and being sternly told it was not possible until the appointed time our group was to eat. (When we offered to pay, it was a different story.) And when the coffee was brought to us one morning by a sympathetic waitress, another waitress came to the table and literally snatched it away. I would never return there, should I find myself in Arles again. Don't like to support such places. But if you are really tight on money and the bugs issue doesn't concern you, you might consider it if the price is cheap. And as others have said, the location on the square is very nice. (As for a room overlooking the square, do consider the fact that on nights when there is singing at the cafe, you are going to be up quite late!)

Room Tip: Don't get a room overlooking the square if you can't sleep in noisy places.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Travelling through France in my open E Type Jaguar, I was delighted to return to the Forum.
The charming owner opened up his lock up garage, and then showed me his De Tomaso Pantera.
Florence at reception is as lovely as she is efficient.
And vice versa.
Excellent breakfast with delicious home-made scrambled eggs.
The bar could be a bit more atmospheric, but there are plenty of alternatives in town.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickinparis25
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The location is superb, the manger and staff were delightful and very helpful. Lila on reception was wonderful - she found us a room overlooking the square - the view was beautiful both day and night. Room was large, clean and comfortable. The hotel has a lot of history and is charming. Breakfast was fantastic - plentiful, lots of variety and the best coffee I had the whole time I was in Europe. Hotel is located in the most beautiful picturesque square and a close walk to everything you would want to see in Arles. A beautiful town - we were totally taken with Arles and Hotel Du Forum. thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Definitely go a for a room overlooking the square and the famous cafe painted by Van Gogh.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gogo4179
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on the 20th September 2013. Very lucky indeed to get the last room. The manager was so very helpful in every respect and ably assisted by her colleague Florence !! Can't praise them enough . Additionally , the others on reception were wonderfully attentive at all times as well as the girls in the restaurant for breakfast. We were given a good large room at the back of the hotel suitable for three - so it gave us lots of room for the two of us ! The room was comfortable and we could see that they were very well cleaned and serviced . The hotel had a lot of charm and several antiques adorned the public places - had lots of old world character ! Also very reasonably priced indeed . Parking and driving in the centre of Arles can be a nightmare and desperate to find your way around . Luckily for us a local artist whom we were asking the way hopped I'm the back of our car and took us straight to this hotel . So kind !! Once we were parked outside , one of the chaps who worked there took our car away and parked it . The €10 daily charge for the hotel parking and security was well worth it . You couldn't get a better location than Forum - absolutely right in the heart of Arles - so perfect ! We were desperate to stay another night but the hotel was full up. However, on the morning we were to check out ,Florence called to me with a cancellation - we were so pleased. So for the service, charm and location , we felt that this hotel was a winner and we were lucky to have chosen it!

Room Tip: Whilst our room was very good indeed, we did notice that there were other nice big rooms on the seco...
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Du Forum in Arles in the beginning of September 2013. The hotel location is fantastic. The room was quite large and very clean. The bathroom was huge! The bathroom had a frosted glass door which might be awkward for some people. The wireless internet connection worked great.

The most outstanding thing about the hotel was the service! Starting with the adorable, sweet young lady at the front desk - Lelli (I think that’s how she spells it?) What a gem she is. Every question we asked was answered with a smile. There was another wonderful lady at the front desk (so sorry I didn’t get her name) and when we told her we were going to visit Pont du Gard, she suggested a good route for our drive and she told us about a quaint little town named Uzès - which we loved! I would like to thank her for her great advice.

Also the gentleman (Sorry that I didn’t get his name either but he has curly locks of hair) who was so kind to bring us a wine outside - he was so nice and attentive. Exceptional service!

The hotel is a great home base for exploring the area around Arles. Hotel Du Forum is a short walk from the train station and we easily took a day trip on the train from Arles to Avignon. The staff had great suggestions on where to eat and drew us maps so we could easily navigate our way around Arles. Driving can be a challenge in Arles but we booked a parking spot with the hotel and all we had to do is drive to the front and drop the key off and they parked the car for us.

We really enjoyed the hotel and would highly recommend it. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay so very enjoyable!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Old building with it's charm and elegance. The room had particular character, so did things there.
Nice breakfast, though no hot dishes included.
Great location and even greater people working on reception - they know a lot of languages, so no problem with travelers from Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany and England, USA etc. Very helpful and always friendly. Gave me best recomendations on the restaurants in the city.

Room Tip: Don't ask a room on the front side of the hotel - there are a lot of cafes on the small square i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo