“Good food on the terrace”
Review of Chez Caro - CLOSED

Chez Caro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: French fresh cuisine in Arles inner town Place du Forum.Menu changes everyday, great list of local and french wines.Nice place with lovely people.You will love your stay here !
Reviewed August 1, 2012

In Arles (and Avignon also) it is sometimes difficult to have a correct diner. Not here, in the very center of Arles. The menu is short but fish and local meat are fine. The desk lady from Hotel Nord-Pinus recommended us this place and "Le Galoubet", also very good (we taste it) and only one minute from place du Forum.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was visiting Arles for the Photo festival during the summer. I booked the day before as the place is quite busy. It was worth it: the food is good, the owners pleasant and seem to care (it's run by a young couple of natives and the man advised us on the choice of wine and seemed quite a connoisseur)... As for the comment bellow, we stayed really late and ordered desert past 10PM... Could it be that the restaurant was full? I can't imagine a restaurant in central Arles closing that early. It's also pleasant that it's so well situated in the center of town...

1  Thank steph c
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I booked online and they emailed straight back and said we would have a table on the terrace. I had not appreciated that this meant one of the six or so lovely tables on the Square just off where the restaurant sits. The other restaurants on the square are a mixed bag with lots of burgers and chips at the restaurant next door, which is not what I would want when in Arles.

The menu is short and has a good choice of local dishes and what we had was excellent and well executed. Everyone else at the restaurant were locals and the host came and introduced herself and thanked me for booking from England and knew my name. Possibly a first in France. The staff were all charming and we had a really good meal a lovely bottle of wine and all for a reasonable price in a touristy area. The standard of the food was far above what was being served at the adjoining restaurants.

My advise book before you leave and enjoy.

1  Thank SWALondon
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We did not have a reservation but they were able to accommodate us at a table in the square. The waiter was wonderful at describing the dishes and helping with our wine selection. The food was magnificent, some of the best we had on our 2 week trip to the south of France. We were a party of four. To start two of us had grilled asparagus salad which was large for an appetizer but really delicious. The two guys had seared foie gras which they said was fantastic. For main courses we had lamb cutlets with green beans, seared fish fillet (cannot recall which fish) with a medley of spring veg and pork fillets served with creamy polenta and carrots. All was delicious but after tasting each others we all agreed that the pork was the standout dish.
We tried to return another night but unfortunately as it was raining they were not serving in the square and as we had no reservation they were unable to accommodate us. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank kitten1961
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great service. Gorgeous location. A wonderful respite from the plastic covered menus so prevalent in the Place du Forum. Go there... you won't regret it

1  Thank JElizabethB