“Good standard 3 star”

Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Arles
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Good standard 3 star”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice hotel refurbished in modern style 5mibs walk from the centre has free secure parking. Rooms spacious simply furnished but have tea and coffee facilities. Thy even provided mosquito repellant wipes a real bonus as I had forgotten to take anything. I would recommend for a city break, they have a pool too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
laparicio, Manager at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharring yopur comments with us. I am pleased to read your staisfaction about our services and location.
I hope to see you soon in our sunshinny city next to our swimming pool.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
houston, tx
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Overall I was pleasantly surprise (and relieved). Our workshop was initially booked into the Atrium Best Western, who at the last minute apparently mishandled the reservations and we were moved to the Hotel Arles Plaza, a sister hotel. I was alarmed because the Tripadvisor reviews were not friendly, forecasting an unsavory location and unpredictable air conditioning. Located next to the motorway, some of the workshop participants did complain about the noisy traffic and concerts broadcast from the Antique Theater. I was among the lucky to have a renovated room that wrapped around the center of the building, and my windows opened up to a protected rooftop. Our air conditioning did quit working on a Sunday late afternoon and we were told we would have to wait until a technician could come the next day. Luckily it started back up on its own, a phenomenon we were told was not uncommon in the city during the heat of summer.
As for the location, it may have not been on the main street, Clemenceau, as was the Best Western, but it was nevertheless only a 5 minute walk through a safe, albeit not particularly scenic neighborhood. Once at the edge of the old center of the city, everything is in walking distance. The free red bus to the train station stops on Clemenceau not far from the point where the street to the hotel intersects.
Although the staff was initially easily rattled and somewhat grumpy, they were eventually friendly in their own restrained way, offering to put my few groceries in their fridge when I realized the little wee fridge in my room wasn't plugged in, and that the closest plug was a dud. Although they arranged to have that fixed, once repaired, the fridge overheated in the small cubby where it was situated, so I unplugged it to avoid a fire.
The fitness center is rarely used (probably because you get a great workout walking around town) but it requires the concierge for access and inside there is a treadmill, rowing machine, bicycle and (not electic) elliptical. Stuffy, but sufficient.
Breakfast was generous and varied: the usual cereals and fruit, but they also offered unpredicatble scrambled eggs which on some days had grown leathery in a bowl over lukewarm water with sausages that looked like bright pink frankfurters. But there were tomatoes, salami, fruit, rolled slices of deli-meat, delicious bread, gorgeous chunks of brie and packages of edam. I can't complain. And I'd forgotten how absolutely delicious coffee can be with a great slosh of warm whole milk.
By the end of our stay, I had grown fond of the place and the staff had grown friendlier. They do, however, live by the book. If check in time is 3, they would refuse to check to see if a room was ready until then. If I needed to keep my room 15 minutes past check out because I needed to make a quick trip to the ATM before catching the train, too bad. I had to vacate and put my bags in the holding room. I don't know if that script-like rigidity is typical of the hotel policy, Provence, or France, but they were more than happy to call me a cab, and I was sorry to go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank rambleandwrite
laparicio, Responsable commercial at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Madam,
Regarding the Workshop finished a few days ago, we are really confused if the information sent to the participants by the organizers was not correct.
We remain confident that having several intermediaries in the organization of events, can sometimes be confusing.
On the various facilities and services for which you don't hide your disappointment or insatisfaction, again, please accept our most apologies. Just a bad mark to break the agreement.
We hope to see you again at our hotel, to show you that our services and staff are height up to your expectations.
Regards.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 18, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look very nice, but don't be fooled. The lobby is modern and nicely decorated, and there's a small outside pool. The room is OK. Only problem (slightly) is that there's only a hand hold shower... a bit of a hazzel. No noice, even though our room faced the street and trafic light. A 10 min walk take you to the center of old Arles. The parking is free.
There was a small gym which was nice - you don't find that in many french hotels.

Room Tip: We were given a triple room, and the bed we didn't need took up quite some space. So try to avoi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EllenChr
laparicio, Directeur général at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for your impressions regarding your stay in our hotel. I'm delighted that you appreciated our services.
I look forward to welcoming you back, with my team, for a next pleasant stay with us.
Cordially.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel greeting wasn't very warm and friendly, but the hotel is nice. Very artsy and well decorated lobby and bar area (you'd never know it when walking the neighborhood to get there). The rooms are a bit outdated, but clean and nice for one nights stay. The location was easy to/from the highway, and only a 10 minute walk to the city center. Walk with a friend tho, as the neighborhood is a bit sketchy getting to the city center. The breakfast was a bit pricey for what you get. I think it should just be included in with the room, but it wasn't.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for have taking time to make a comment, it helps us a lot for improving our services every day and your satisfaction is our main objective.
Best regards.
England
Reviewed June 7, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look much, but once in the door it's modern and friendly.
This was a stop off for us while driving across France and it was perfect for the job. Free wifi and a good breakfast (only scrambled egg and frankfurters if you want hot food though).
Arles is lovely and only a short walk into the main town (hotel provided a map on arrival).
Would go back if for 1 or 2 nights but not for a week.

• Stayed June 2012
laparicio, Directeur général at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for your impressions regarding your stay in our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back, for a next pleasant stay with us.
Cordially.
Curitiba
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel is located a little bit far from the main attractions and a 30 minute walk from the train station. But, there is a free bus that's takes you from the station until a stop about 5 minutes from the hotel, just ask the driver. We felt safe walking near at the hotel by night. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolbrasil
Riverside, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We loved this hotel in Arles. Very close to freeway, free parking...and EXCELLENT breakfast. This was our favorite place we ate bkfst our entire trip to France. The location is about a 10 minute walk to city center...not too far.

Staff was amazing and easy to communicate with...English spoken here :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family