“Good but could be better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arles
Mia Casa - Maison d'hote
Ranked #20 of 49 Arles B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2014

First, the positives. Delphine was very welcoming and gave us some useful info about the town. She gave us a room upgrade as we were staying for a week and it was lovely. Very handy to have a little kitchen as we didn't want to go out every night to eat and it was convenient to be able to cook in the apartment. The location is great and is just beside the river.

A few negatives but we hope they are constructive. One of the sinks in the bathroom leaked, with water running out onto the bathroom floor. We reported this on our first day and despite several conversations about it and offering to fix it ourselves!!, the problem was not dealt with.
We were just told to use the other sink.

Loo roll - was not provided unless we asked for it. We got a new roll every three days which is not sufficient. We should not have had to ask for it, it's not expensive!

We were not informed that breakfast was extra, it was an extra 10 euros a day we had not budgeted for so that was a bit of a shock. The breakfast was, although nice, the same every day, it needs to be changed for people staying a longer period of time.

Parking is a nightmare. We found that unless we were back in town by about 5pm, there was nowhere to park. Don't bother trying to park beside the river, try the larger car parks a little further away.

We would recommend this place, without a doubt, but there is room for improvement.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel Y

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've had the great pleasure of staying at lovely Mia Casa several times during my holidays to Provence and I would not want to stay anywhere else. The owner and charming host is Delphine. She is always so helpful, kind, accomodating and professional and I have enjoyed so very much visiting her each year. Delphine always makes me feel so welcomed. Also she speaks English perfectly which was very helpful. Part of my great enjoyment of going to Provence is staying at Mia Casa. It is located on truly the prettiest street in Arles which is just beyond the beautiful Rhone River. During my last visit, I got to stay again in the Van Gogh room/apartment. The accomodation was perfect. A lovely tapestry of one of Van Gogh's works hangs over the bed and she has a painting by her uncle of one of Gauguin's works. I loved the atmosphere. The apartment is so roomy and so comfortable. I very, very much enjoyed having the refrigerator and ability to prepare things to eat in the suite instead of eating out all the time. The apartment was so nice and quiet and clean. Mia Casa is located in the lovely town of Arles which is centrally located in the Provence region and full of history and much to see. It is a very romantic place especially in the evening walking along the Rhone River or eating at an outside café. Mia Casa is only a 10 minute or so pleasant walk to the train and bus station. I look forward very much to visiting Provence again this summer and will be staying at Mia Casa. I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SissyD01
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Mia Casa is a fantastic B&B located in a walking distance from the historic city centre. Delphine is a very helpful and charming host who provided us with a lot of hints and tips for places to see, to have a nice dinner and to take nice pictures. We enjoyed our stay very much and recommend this place to everybody.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Mia Casa is a great B&B well situated on a charming little street directly off the river Rhône. Delphine is an excellent host, being so kind, friendly and accommodating. She was extremely helpful with recommendations and transportation routing before arrival (via email) and during our stay for day trips. Our en suite room ("En Vogue") was very nice, spacious, comfortable and clean with amenities such as a refrigerator and electric kettle. It’s a great location to wander the city, access the Roman Antiquities Museum, and we found the Rhône’s riverside walk a pleasant, easy 15 min. path to the train station and bus stops for day trips. There is so much to see in and around Arles that my husband and I will most definitely choose Mia Casa again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I am surprised at some of the other 'overly positive' reviews with a common factor 'Delphine'

A short stay in Arles with a disappointing room for the price - strange collection of furniture, dusty room, my best description would be 'student accommodation' - breakfast was nice but for 75€ it's much overpriced and seemed to be a sad neglected room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

lovely apartment in Arles - in the style of the time, but at the same time with all the modern amenities. Wi fi internet, central location, friendly hostess Delphine. In Arles remained much since Van Gohg.
We rented 4 nights and on the fifth day did not want to leave. will recommend to all friends as a base for trips to Provence
In Arles remained much since Van Gohg .We drove around the surrounding towns, admiring the scenery, grapes and olives, and gladly returned to our home in Arles.
On Wednesday and Saturday - a big farmers market just near bye - must see!
We didn't book breakfast, I don't know why, may be we just didn't notice, but there are some small supermarkets very close.

Thank you Delphine! You will hear from us and our friends very soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a wonderful 3 night stay, in this beautiful B&B. It's location is perfect, close to everything you might want to do in Arles. Delphine is a fantastic host too!! She certainly enriched my experience in the town with her suggestions.

And btw, this is the only time I wanted to write a review about a place I stayed at. Thank you Delphine!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo