“Worst place to eat - Stay Away!!”
Review of Le Cafe La Nuit

Le Cafe La Nuit
Ranked #225 of 278 Restaurants in Arles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wished we had checked the reviews before we ate there. The guy who served us was obnoxious. The food was tasteless and extremely greasy. When it came time to pay, they gave us this story that due to some outage of some sort, they could not accept visa, but only cash. Horrible place and the worst place we ate at during our 2 weeks in the region.

2  Thank Christine K

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Food and service were just average. I think they were better than other reviewers seem to report. (It makes me wonder if I am really not picky enough!) But I went to sit in the café in Van Gogh's painting, and that was good enough for me. Just sitting there, imagining the scene as he painted it, looking out on the Place, it was quite enjoyable for me. Of course, I should say that one of my goals for being in Arles was to find the scenes painted by Van Gogh, photograph them, and compare them to the paintings. Just a fun little exercise!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I had not checked TA before sitting down in the Place du Forum at this restaurant. It fully deserves its rating: the food was atrociously inedible.

1  Thank OscarWilde1
Reviewed August 13, 2013

...On the little square in front of the famous café painted by Van Gogh on a starry night in 1888, this place is too crowdy, no charm anymore !
Don’t expect great food, the paella we got from a huge pan exposed was poor and service was unpleasant : the boy was logy and the girl was crazy !!!
Go somewhere else if you can ! I know...sometimes it’s not easy to find better and in such a touristic area...not obvious at all !

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Abysmal place. Clearly lives off the Van Gogh painting. Waiter wandered over, asked what I wanted, and proceeded to talk to other customers. I challenged him as to whether he'd taken the order. "Yes, a beer" he said. Odd that, I wanted a rose. Avoid at all costs! In fact, avoid anything in the Forum. Pits of the earth.

1  Thank Chris F