“Great Middle Eastern Mezze”
Review of Antioche

Antioche
Reserve with
Antioche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 901 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stumbled upon Antioche by accident and it really fulfilled our longing for tasty middle eastern mezze. There is nothing like a really smoky baba ghanosh and crispy falafel, but the unexpected surprise was the very simple 'arayes' made with cheese, tomato and thyme stuffed in pita - rather like a griddled quesadilla. Lovely delicately spiced rice and a light tahini sauce completed a very satisfying meal. Very cozy atmosphere with welcoming staff despite being very busy. Could have easily had a little nap after the mint tea and then started eating all over again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

What a delicious meal we had last night at this friendly restaurant in the old part of the city. We sat outside, at one of the many tables set up in shades of cool green. The host was quite nice and spoke excellent English, should your French skills be a concern. We didn't particularly want any of the set menus, so we simply told him what we wanted, falafel, tabbouleh, and rice with some red wine to drink. And he took very good care of us. The falafel was freshly cooked and delightfully crisp. I think it's because the shape of them is like a donut, so there are more crispy sides to it. Hot, tasty, nicely presented. My husband had the baklavah trio for dessert with coffee. He was a very happy man as we walked back to our hotel that night. We definitely will be back and highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Food was so good we went back again during our stay in Aix. Got the fixed menu at 22 and 28 euro to try more of the starters. Recommend if dining with 2 people, only one of you get it as its quite a bit of food. The other can get an ala carte item to save money. Kefta with cream sauce was delicious as well as the lamb and chicken spits. Hummus and rice was very tasty too. Cannot go wrong with this restaurant. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was almost 21:00 hours and we are looking to have a bite to eat. “Here, here no not here there is better, not this restaurant but the other one…” I can still hear my wife voice trembling, restaurant after another and after 40 minute walking we reach this place by accident just before my head was going to steam out. At that moment I was not care anymore about what we going to eat. But our faith takes us to the right place. “Restaurant Antioche”. The street was busy and everywhere people enjoyed their diner outside and inside. At the moment we thought this is a Chinese food, judging by the food sticking out the plates on the table next to us. This was next restaurant table raw and after they bring the menu we find out that this is Turkish and Lebanese food. I was not familiar with Lebanese but with the Turkish, yes and immediately I knew we’ll going to have good eating experience here. It take us a moment to dive into the menu and I did not have to be convinced a second and I order menu 26.00 euro which is 10 course entries and includes all appetizers in on plate and 3 choices of the second course. I know the Turkish specialties and one is a shish kebab or so called in western world “skewers”. Immediately I order one chicken, one pork and one lamb. For my son we ordered one chicken shish kebab with side of oriental rice with herbs and spaces. My wife got the 20.00 euro menu which includes 6 entries. Her choice for the second was different and I already stop paying attention because the plates with delicious smell start flying out of the kitchen crossing the little alley and begin lending right on our table. Plate after plate everything was fresh well prepared, balanced ingredients. Every food plate was live and has texture. You can tell the differences between the appetizers. Tender, juicy, grilled shish kebab. My wife was silent and busy with her plates which were a good sign. The food quantity was superb just about to suite every customer hunger. I am not even talking about the deserts. We had baklava and something else which I don't care what was it because the baklava completes the transaction.
Conclusion. This is a Casual dining place, service was excellent and English was spoken. The food is gourmet and well touched. People are friendly. A little more variety of beers would be my recommendation. They have only one type of beer. We spend 70.00 euro with the tip and we had very good time and will return again soon once in the aria again. Recommend this place to everyone who does not have any form of snobbery.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

A coworker suggested this restaurant. Good choice. The fixed price menus are worth a try. Too much food but you cannot pass on any of the courses.