“You Will Not Be Disappointed”
Review of Mitch

Mitch
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
McLean, Virginia
“You Will Not Be Disappointed”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Mitch is a great host. He spoke good English and made us feel welcome. We ate outside on a pleasant evening. The presentation and the quality of the food are much higher than one would expect from such a casual place. I ordered shrimp for a starter and filet mignon for the main course. I have often been disappointed in French restaurants when ordering beef. But it was done to perfection and tasted fabulous. The wine list covers the diversity of French wines very well. We had a Cassis for a white and a Rhone red with our dinner. You will not be disappointed choosing to dine at Chez Mitch.

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
“The best meal I ever had!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I went here for my birthday dinner last year and have returned on two more occassions. The owner is so friendly and helpful with wine suggestions. The food was excellent and I always enjoy myself here. It is one of the places I think to take special guests or friends if I want to go out for a meal.

• Visited June 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really unhappy I did not come here earlier”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Been in Aix awhile and only went to Mitch for the first time tonight 11 Jan. Very good food, very good service and a decent wine list. If you get below the so called gastronomic restaurants in Aix Mitch is way in front of the rest. Very very good back next week very happy.

Visited January 2014
Fairview Park, Ohio
“Special Attention”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us from our hotel. We found it walking the wonderful streets of Aix au Provence. It was a quiet evening and from the moment we arrived we had special attention from our server and the owner Mitch. This restaurant has special attractions besides the great food!! It has a natural spring below the restaurant which runs under the city of Aix. It also has an interesting basement area and outdoor patio. See my pictures. My husband and I shared our entrees of beef and scampi. They were both very good. The restaurant also had a nice wine list of local wines,which was a great accompanyment to our dinner. Mitch made our dinner special by talking to us about life in France, and particularly Aix. He provided ideas about places to visit and experience while in France. It was a memorable evening that finished with new friends. I would highly recommend this restaurant for its food and service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chris S
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Huge disappointment”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

What a let down. First of all, they didn't have our reservation (which we are sure was made). The foie gras was average, beef was overcooked and not seasoned very well, and the dessert we left on the plate.
They try hard to make a nice presentation, but it just didn't work for us.

• Visited November 2013