All reviewslavender roomother guestseach morningwonderful hostsyogurtshort driverecommend staying hereearly junehome baseour room was spaciouswonderful staystayed nightslovely poolcarolinehubertherbsprovence
Reviewed July 11, 2010

If comfortable rooms, good location and delicious breakfasts matter to you, then this is the place. Caroline and her family are the most amazing hosts, helpful, interesting and welcoming. Even their lovely dogs are pleased to see you on your return from a day's outing. The 7 p.m get together with other guests is a nice touch as is the wine and canapes on arrival.The fact that they speak perfect English might be a bonus for some travellers, but I enjoyed the repartee en francais.Finding the location was easy with a GPS, otherwise take note of the number as you could miss the entrance.
Just clicked with this charming lady ........you will too!

Reviewed July 3, 2010

We spent two relaxing nights at Le Clos de Frere Gris and quite enjoyed our all too brief visit. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The large guest lounge was delightful and complimentary wine is served each evening at 7:00. Breakfast is available on the patio when weather permits and we enjoyed a great selection of breads, fruit, yogurt and a special dish which Caroline prepares each morning. The guest computer in the lounge was a real bonus. Although the location isn't close to the city centre we were given excellent directions as to how to get there and where to park. Parking in Aix can be difficult and we recommend using the large parking garage near the fountain. The suggestions we were given for restaurants in Aix were also excellent. We truly enjoyed Le Clos des Freres Gris and would return in a heartbeat!

1  Thank HomedicMunes
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband , teenage son and I stayed as guests of the gracious LeCompte family and couldn't have been more pleased. Caroline, Hubert & Charlotte made our stay so comfortable that we were spoiled for the rest of our trip. Every detail was perfect - we wished we could have stayed longer! Wonderful relaxed breakfasts with delicious food and coffee allowed us to ease into our day. The rooms were spacious, lovely, very clean and beautifully decorated. Also, we really enjoyed all of the restaurant recommendations and excellent directions. I hope this lovely family continues to run this B&B for a long time. Others could learn from them. We would definitely loveto go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

An excellent address a 3 min drive from the center of Aix en Provence. The rooms are very large (even the smallest one is much larger than your average hotel room), stylishly Provencal and wonderfully appointed, with bottled water, thick bath robes, branded toiletries, pool towels etc...The breakfast is served on a lovely shaded terrace in the courtyard each morning and includes fig and tomato jams, fresh bread and croissant, cereal, yogurt, juice etc....The owner, Caroline, also bakes a special treat nearly every day. The rooms are all very quiet and the park is gorgeous, with lavender, roses, jasmin etc...The pool is large, fenced in, and well appointed with lots of lounging chairs and parasols. There are three dogs on the property but they are generally quite shy and should not bother guests. Caroline is available at breakast and before dinner (when a free aperitif was served each night) to make recommendations, book restaurants etc...Fans of textile should also make a point of visiting her quilt store as she has a wonderful collection. Overall an excellent address I would recommend to travellers looking for style, cachet and unbeatable value for money.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

This place was honestly a dream!!! My husband and I travel very often and stay at some pretty nice hotels/B&B's this place SURE ranked highly on our charts. The curb appeal was lovely, the owners were beyond sweet, helpful and welcoming, the breakfast was divine, parking was perfect and our room was SPOTLESS and just LOVELY! I enjoyed every second of this beautiful bed and breakfast. I would come back again if I was going back to the area. The owner even wrote a long list for me of all the antique markets in the area. This place could charge double the price!! We stayed in the Lavender room which was even nicer in person than it is on the website (see my pictures). Do yourself a favor and trust me on this one! It really is a diamond in the ruff! :-)