“Lovely lunch”

Le Jardin d'Amalula
Cuisines: European, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Two rooms and a shaded patio. Gourmet open sandwiches and specialty Refined . Maxi salads. Homemade desserts . Breakfasts, Complete, Gourmand and American ( scrambled eggs, omelets, on the flat , cheese plates ) . Afternoon , Ice cream, pastries , hot and cold drinks . Iced tea house, the old chocolate Continuous service.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went for a late lunch. It is located in an alley way. What a gem. Food was fantastic, service prompt and very friendly. We ordered Nicoise Salad and La Landaise Tartine. Garden setting very welcoming. This is a 'don't miss'.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Make sure you get there by 12:30 for lunch because it fills up fast. Great tartines and salads at very reasonable prices. Service is efficient and friendly. Breakfast is also a great value -- about 7 euros for OJ, coffee, and breakfast pastry.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here and enjoyed it very much. Their menu us limited to tartines (open faced Sandwiches on crusty bread) and several salads. I had a tartine with melted goat cheese, smoke duck breast, mushrooms and pine nuts. It is served with an adorable salad and a roast potato. It was delicious. For dessert I had the cafe Gourmand, (an espresso and an assortment of tiny desserts) Again - fantastic. They serve wine (in tiny glasses so you might want to get a Demi- bottle if you like more than a few sips). The service is slow but very friendly and welcoming. And the outdoor setting is delightful so we didn't care about lingering In fact they made an error on our order so we had to wait an exceptionally long time but the owner was very apologetic and gave us a free dessert to compensate for the delay. Please note that they do not bring your bill to your table. You pay on the way out. Several people seemed to get annoyed because they could not get their check but when you are done just stand up and head to the door.

2  Thank Katiegm
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I lunched at Le Jardine d'Amalula two days ago (Sept. 16, 2013), and we were absolutely delighted in every way! The greeting was warm and gracious, the table on the back patio very pleasant, and the food beautifully prepared and presented. The service was impeccable!
Both of us had open-faced sandwiches (I'm sure the owner would not call them by that name, but to an American that's what they were). Each was accompanied by a salad--fresh, seasoned and dressed lettuces bundled in a lengthwise slice of cucumber: very chic, and completely edible. The portions were, my wife said, "Ladies lunch size," but since I was not starving, the quality of the food totally satisfied my appetite. The desserts were amazing. I had the Lemon Meringue Pie, which was magnificent. My wife had the Caffe Gourmand: coffee with four or five small dessert nibbles, including sorbet.
I heard of Le Jardine d'Amalula because it's noted for its breakfasts, but we would return to Le Jardine d'Amalula for lunch anytime.

2  Thank MichaelBuffalo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This restaurant just goes to show that if you're good at what you do then you can be completely tucked away and people will still find you!
The menu centers around the "tartine" which is basically a large slice of toasted bread with different toppings. If this sounds at all like a pizza then you couldn't be more wrong as the toppings are made from the most delicously fresh ingredients. Even the accompanying salad has the freshest of leaves (3 different varieties) and a great homemade dressing. Normally I don't eat green salad but this was exceptional.
The servings are generous and the tartine alone would suffice for lunch or a diet-friendly dinner. There are, of course, many other tempting items on the menu.
Definitely a place to return to.

2  Thank Packidge