“The best coffee and most friendly welcome in Aix.”
Review of The Provence Shop - CLOSED

The Provence Shop
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Description: The Provence Shop offers good coffee, tasty homemade food, international groceries and a relaxed atmosphere in the heart of Aix-en-Provence // Our food is homemade with fresh ingredients. Come and taste our traditional "fish'n'chips", the vegan burger or a full English breakfast, as well as daily specials such as curries or "confit de canard" // We are child- and parent-friendly, with a playroom with toys and books at the back of the shop. The toilet is equipped with a changing table and a toilet seat reducer for toddlers // Free wifi connection available.
“The best coffee and most friendly welcome in Aix.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I started to come here shortly after Marianna and her husband opened this lovely place.
The coffee is wonderful, breakfast delicious - great to get a good English breakfast. Lunch is tasty fresh and inventive.
Marianna is just lovely, welcoming and so friendly.
There a a plentiful supply of international magazines and , as the atmosphere here is one of relaxation, you are encouraged to linger. Marianne has a little shop with English and Dutch food and she is always stocked up with Marmite. A lovely place which one really hopes does well.

• Visited October 2013

Aix-en-Provence, France
“Perfection!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm an American living in Aix and I'm a regular at The Provence Shop! Its the perfect place for a relaxing, delicious lunch and Marianna, one of the owners (her husband is the chef) is great!!

There's something for everyone...amazing salads, burgers, english/american breakfast (all day!), the best soups EVER and smoothies and coffee. They also have a little grocery store in the back with american and british brands!!

This place is one of my favorite spots in Aix and I highly recommend it to everyone!

• Visited October 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a unique place in Aix and I am very happy that my daughter who lives and works in Aix can go here to buy some English and Dutch groceries, have a great breakfast or lunch and the best coffee in Aix. Mariana is very friendly and always has a smile on her face.

San Francisco, California
“Best Coffee in Aix”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you are looking for a great breakfast or lunch and a cafe latte, this is the place to come. The Provence Shop has become one of the places I frequent when in Aix-en-Provence. The food is always excellent, the service is impeccable and I can stock up on products from home. Did I mention the coffee?

Aix-en-Provence, France
“Fabulous Cafe, Great Food!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A true gem in Aix. One of a kind and a great find! The atmosphere is warm and welcoming for all ages and all types of groups. The attention to detail is clearly important at this cafe. The beverages are served in a unique and "home-made" fashion. The food is excellent and cooked to perfection. I have not yet had one meal I wasn't immensely satisfied! Great combination of ingredients minus the typical "snobbery" one might expect from the patrons. I am simply in love with this cafe as I can also pick up treats to take home with me, find "artisinal" products from around Aix without having to head to the market, and if I happen to have kids with me, they can enjoy themselves too. Fantastic!