“relatively new hotel”

Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre
Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and we were quiete satisfied with this hotel. We had to walk around 10 minutes to the city center. The room was not really clean and there was no Wlan in the room. The rest was ok, the price was relatively high.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am staying here as part of my language program at IS Aix, so my rate is discounted I believe. I like to stay in nice places, as I do like my creature comforts, so I am generally a 4-star hotel guest. I've never stayed in a place like this before, but I was really astounded to find my room is probably 40sqm, and has its own courtyard with table and chairs, a huge bathroom with tub. My parents visited and stayed in a smaller studio on the fourth floor, but theirs was bright and airy. The kitchens have everything you could possible need, even if you're someone who loves cooking like me, the wardrobes are spacious, there is an iron, ironing board, safe, pantry, tv. The only slightly inconvenient thing is the cable internet which is not wifi in the rooms. It's a bit further from the old town, but it's so crowded and noisy there in high season that I think that is far preferable. It takes about 5mins to get to the rotonde at the beginning of cours mirabeau. The casino supermarket is just 2 mins away, so it's just perfect for someone staying for a few days. Laundry and parking all available for a cost, as is breakfast. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and while you don't get concierge service, as long as you have the net and your green guide or whatever, you'll be fine. Rooms are cleaned once a week for longer stays like mine, daily for short stays. Pretty incredible value at around 120$pn. The most expensive rate I think is still around 135euro, which is worth it! I will start staying at adagios around europe from now on I think, they are part of the accor group.

Room Tip: Room 6 on ground floor is shady, quiet and peaceful. And huge!! Room 408 is bright but gets hot from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jacqueline_gourmande
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here for a week from 21st July. It is a very comfortable place. The studio was spacious, with good kitchen area. Everything was very good. Television with many channels.

comfortable bed, very quiet air conditioning and fridge. The studio was large, and we had a patio outside.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was in a very quiet area.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced into the courtyard, so it was very quiet. No traffic noise at all. We wer...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vivien70
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We only had 1 night at Provence en route to Paris, did not have high expectation and did not do whole lot of research prior to booking this hotel. This hotel exceeded all of our expectation in term of location, clean, modern and very comfortable for 4. It is a short walk to Cour Mirabeau and to bus station to TGV gare. Our future trip to explore Provence will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelDir
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Modern, clean, practical. Nice little kitchen: stove, dishwasher, fridge, sink, along with dishes and cooking utensils. A little bit of a walk to the center but not bad at all. Very close to the Pavillon Vendome, which is a must-see. Also very close to a supermarket. Had to request three times that they repair or replace my lamp, I think because the communication between the front desk and the technician is not optimal. I was very comfortable here. The a/c was essential in July.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After a wonderful stay in one of the best B&B (Les Carmes) in Le Thor, this hotel in Aix was like cold water to us - we did not enjoy it at all. Even though we had requested for a double bed & higher floor/ quieter room in advance because of the small baby, they gave us: 1. the first room near the entrance, on the ground floor - meaning you can hear all noises of doors opening, staff going in & out of the store room, 2. The windows open up to right opposite the street (same level as the street) - so we can't open the curtain at all, people walking outside can see us inside!, 3. 2 twin beds that move apart & move everywhere - even my 1-year-old son can push the bed around! The service was not so bad, but not friendly & terribly helpful. The breakfast was poor, we didn't bother to have it. In all, hated it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LinhVH
Reviewed June 9, 2012

after a week staying in the beautiful Luberon area, we drove to Aix;
we rented a studio @ the Adagio Hotel; in the very centre of Aix; this hotel offers excellent value for money. It has private parking for only 10 Euro per day; it's clean, comfortably and a helpful staff; no language problems! WiFi access excellent in lobby.The big Casino supermercado ist just around the corner; so, put your car to rest and enjoy this great town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple