“Bring some coffee with!”

Adagio Aix-en-Provence Centre
Ranked #6 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel is a bit out of way but still within walking distance from the bus and train stations(about 15 minutes). The room was very nice,with a fully equipped kitchen, including a coffee maker. Unfortunately no coffee. I asked the front desk if I could buy some coffee pads from the hotel. The answer was no and they suggested the food store nearby. At the price of 99 Euros, I thought they should have some coffee in the room for convenience.

Overall I recommend staying there,but if you want coffee, be prepared!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 16, 2012

That was our first time in Aix en Provence and after reading several reviews, we decided to stay in Adagio. Perfect decision!
We made the reservation from hotel's website, then I sent an e-mail to ask few more questions, prompt reply was shocking. In a few minutes, I received all my answers. Really shocking when our previous France experiences are considered. What a good start!
Aix en Provence is a small city. We flew to Marseilles and took the shuttle from airport and arrived Aix. From the bus station, it took only 10 minutes to reach the hotel, easy to find. And if you are driving, they have a parking lot as well. The receptionists were extremely nice, kind and helpful, another shock...The check in lasted for 2 minutes, we got a room on 4th floor. It was very nice. Clean, modern room, neatly designed, with a nice bathroom, enough closets even for a long long stay and a fully equipped mini kitchen. Before going there, I though having a kitchen for a short stay was nonsense but now I know that is wrong. Having a kitchen with all needed utensils and equipments is fantastic.
The hotel is very close to Aix en Provence center, almost 10 minutes walk, no need to take a cab, just a short stroll. The city center is full of sidewalk cafes, restaurants and everything you might need. (there is also a big Mono Prix Supermarket which we shopped a lot and cooked ourselves nice meals in our mini kitchen, marvellous! Buy yourself a nice bottle of wine, some bread, delicious French cheese, you already have the cork screw and wine glasses in your room)
There is also free internet connection, wifi in the lobby and cable in the rooms. The only negative thing I might say is the PC at the lobby. The connection interface might make you suffer. So if you need internet, use your own PC.
As a result, Hotel Adagio (full name Hotel Adagio Aix Centre) was a pleasant surprise for us. We will absolutely try the other ones in the chain as well.

Room Tip: Ours was on the forth floor, number 410, loved it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank aysem_duygu
Reviewed January 6, 2012

These apartments look good on first inspection but hide some disgusting practises. We arrived and found that our sheets had not been changed from the previous guests. Very long black hairs were found in the bed even though the bed was made up as though it was fresh. We rang reception, he came up and offered new sheets(which we needed to change as housekeeping were finished for the day) or a new room. We opted for new sheets. As he went to fetch the sheets, I started to strip the bed and to my horror found a ghasty amount of hair on the mattress protector. I would say it has never been changed since the bed was first bought.......it was that bad. When the young man from reception came back up we showed him what we found and asked for a new room all together. I was feeling very sick by this time. Long story short, it took another 5 rooms before we settled on one as they were all in the same state!!!! We settled for it as it was nearly midnight. This room wasn't perfect but better. We had to change the sofa sheets for our son, lay an extra sheet on top of our bed and wipe down the floors as they were filthy. In the morning we spoke to both the manager of the hotel and the manager of housekeeper and had the opportunity to show them what we found.
We hope this has shaken housekeeping up and given any future guests peace of mind about finding a clean apartment.
We found all the other staff very nice and friendly, especially the young man on in the evening of the 4th Jan. The manager gave us free breakfast for both mornings for our troubles.

Room Tip: If you want a good view ask for a room on floor 4 facing the old town. If you want to pick up the fr...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AnitaH4300
A TripAdvisor Member
Moscow
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Perfect location for the city exploration and a comfortable stay. The Casino supermarket is near for those that would like to cook their meals themselves. For others there are lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this location for 4 nights. We checked in with Gregory at the front desk. He was very nice but made check in a little confusing. I pre paid but apparently had to pay an extra tax for the second person upon arrival. I had to figure that out on my own as it wasn't explained. I was also distracted by being told I had a special rate (I just booked the room online directly with Accor Hotels) and that cleaning wasn't included in my very special rate. I was told that I could pay extra for cleaning or borrow a vaccuum if I wanted (funny). I didn't mind either of these things, it was just a little strange how it was presented to me. Could very well have been a language translation issue. Personally I prefer no housekeeping so I don't need to worry about sleeping in.

Facility: Very up to date and modern. Great location on a quiet street which allows for a great night sleep and the ability to also walk to the busy center with no problem.

Room: The room was a great size and had plenty of closet space. Everything that is needed for cooking or storing food is there as well as a dish washer (big plus!). I stayed the week before Christmas so it was very quiet. The bed was decent, however the pillows and bedding could be of better quality.

Staff: Very little interaction with staff. I did not eat breakfast at this location. I had to have the front desk print something for me which was no trouble at all. We were greeted by most of the front desk staff as we came and went.

Amenities: There is only shampoo/body wash combo. Be sure to bring your conditioner if needed. The free wifi worked really well and was a big plus for me.

Overall I had a great stay at this location and I recommend it for a low maintenance apartment style stay if that suits you as well. Was perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the courtyard and it was very quiet. I slept well.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We were delighted to discover Aix-en-Provence, a wonderful place to taste great wines and food, and to feel the spirit of the Provence! The Adagio hotel was located very near the "Place de la Rotonde", which is a great place to find restaurantes and shops. Just a few more minutes walking and we reach the "Cathédrale de Saint-Saveur" and the wonderful street "Cours Mirabeau". We found its location very good.

The room was really nice, new, equipped with kitchen and a huge bathroom, a small bedroom and a great living room, which had a sofa that turned into bed. We were in 3 people and could enjoy a very pleasant night with silence and privacy. All was really good-decorated and working perfectly.

The only thing we won't recommend is the breakfast. It costs 10€ pro person and was a bit disappointing. Better walk some minutes untill the Rotonda Square and choose one of the wonderful places there to enjoy a great breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel has excellent location at the heart of town, within walking distances of all the central alleys of the town. The facilities in the rooms and in the hotel are good and professionally managed except the cleaning service which needs improvement. The reception staff is very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floors for better views.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business