“Cute little place, good food.”
Review of Hue Cocotte

Hue Cocotte
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Hue Cocotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 878 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The place is very small and usually packed, so you are better off with a reservation. The owner was very polite and helpful, and he translated everything in English for us. The appetizers were really good, to me, that was the highlight of the dinner. I had the vegetables cocotte and I'm not sure it was a very good choice. Certainly of good quality, but nothing to write back home about. My friend tried the calamari/ chorizo combination cocotte and absolutely loved it. Overall, I wish I could say I was ecstatic, but I did not find the food extraordinary. I would have liked to go once more to try something else, and maybe then I could join the rest of the reviewers in their "raving" party.

There are newer reviews for Hue Cocotte

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Small and cosy restaurant with a really nice welcome and service. Meals (Blanquette de cabillaud et saumon au cumin) are excellent and well cooked, not too expensive (15-20€) but maybe a bit small..
Good advise for the wine which was excellent, and the boss offered us a shot a the end of the diner !
I consider this restaurant as one of the best in Aix (price/quality) and I strongly advise you too try it !

Reviewed December 9, 2013

On our first night in Aix-en-Provence we ate at a place that looked cute and full of customers but it turned out not to be a pleasant experience. So we looked up the best restaurants according to TripAdvisor and the second night we went out more informed. We walked around and checked in at a few restaurants (recommended by TripAdvisor users) for availability and this one sat us rather quickly. The waiter was really nice; sat with us and explained the menu to us. We each had a different four course meal and every one of our courses was great. The food was relatively affordable too. The ambiance was great; felt like we were a part of Aix-en-Provence sitting outside and watching everyone enjoy the night life. As you can tell from the pictures, the presentation of the food was delightful. I would eat here again if I go back to Aix-en-Provence.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My colleague and I ate here whilst in Aix on a business trip. It was nice to find something a bit more unique than the plethora of brasseries!

The waiter was friendly and translated the menu. We chose two dishes and shared. Both were nice but one was tastier. All the combinations were unusual and interesting. There was plenty of free bread and the wine was good.

Loved the presentation in little casserole dishes. Charming location.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I ordered the same meal. She liked it, I did not - so the verdict is open on that. However it WAS a small meal for 14 Euroes. The whole atmosphere was a little touristy in an area with many reastaurants and tourists. We ordered wine, but the waiter forgot about with only about ten tables open. We finshed our meal without the wine, as we really just wanted to pay and move on.

1  Thank Anewherebuthere