“Great food and beautiful decor”
Review of Jardin Mazarin

Jardin Mazarin
Ranked #73 of 853 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Great food and beautiful decor”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We were wondering around looking for a place for lunch and stumbled upon Jardins Mazarin. We were warmly greeted and shown to a nice table in the front room. The meal started with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. I started with the foie gras and my partner had a vegetable crepe. Both were delicious. I had the fish as my main and my partner had the chicken. Both delicious. The service was fantastic and the waiter was very friendly and gracious.

Fairport, New York
“Just the best...”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Dinner for 5 on a saturday night...glad we had reservations because the restaurant was bustling.
My french is horrible but fortunately, we three were with locals who thankfully recommended it. A first class menu, staff, and spendid decor. Waiter was extremely helpful & knowledgeable...apps, entre and dessert were presented flawlessly. There are at least 3 rooms including an outside garden that looked terrific. The one vegetarian amongst us had only smiles on her face. Restaurant not on the main tourist road but just a couple of blocks in. Well worth seeking out for some bon appetit!

• Visited July 2012
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had a very disappointing meal last night at the Jardin Mazarin. When we asked to be seated in the Garden, we were told that you have to specifically ask when you make your reservation. Dinner started out fine with an offer of a small bubbly cocktail and a small bite of smoked salmon. The bread arrived and I asked for some olive oil for dipping.....low grade olive oil arrived and no dish for dipping. I asked for a small plate but it never did arrive. My husband ordered Adrian's Fois Gras and I started with a Tuna Tartare. The Fois Gras was tiny but tasty. My tartare had no flavor except for the parsley it was decorated with. If my eyes were closed I would have had no idea what I was eating!!
Main dish was Duck in a Wok ordered by my husband and I ordered Steak Italian. Duck was over cooked and steak was served well done (never asked me how I wanted my steak cooked) on a bed of ice cold potatoes that were cut so thin it looked like spaghetti and tasted like cardboard. I sent the meal back and they tried again. After 15 minutes, the steak (this time with raw sprouts added)was better but still served on the cold, tasteless cardboard potatoes.
We ordered Creme Brulee (totally tasteless) and Cafe Gourmand ( 5 small pieces of stale desert)!!

• Visited June 2012
San Diego
“The Best Dinner of our Trip !”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We went to this darling restaurant for my birthday dinner and it was the best dinner we had on our 10 day vacation.Our great boutique hotel 28 Aix recommended this fairly new restaurant as it was just down the street and I really think we could have eaten here everyday. Every course was exceptional and the combinatiion of fresh ingredients and most interesting combinations like my husbands gingerbread ice cream with the best pate was absolutely wonderful.The young owner was very professional and delightful to talk to and made my birthday really special. I can't imagine what this young chef is going to be like in a couple of years because his talent far surpassed several of the Michilin restaurants we went to in Paris.
If you are going to Provence don't miss trying this gem you won't be sorry, it was a highlight of our trip to France.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank kjtaylor
Sydney
“A remarkable restaurant”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food and service is superb.
We had dinner at a fixed price and it was out of this world.
The waiter recommend a bottle of local wine " Chateau de Beaupre rose 2011 very Rey good

• Visited May 2012