“Not Vegetarian despite TripAdvisor listing as such”
Review of Le Beyrit's

Le Beyrit's
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Beyrit's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 865 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open on Sunday for lunch from 12h00 to 14h30
Moncton
“Not Vegetarian despite TripAdvisor listing as such”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is not a Vegetarian restaurant. According to Trip advisor it is the only Vegetarian restaurant in 356 listed restaurants in Aix-en-Provence. France is cannot be considered Vegetarian friendly, let alone Vegan friendly. Trip advisor is doing a disservice to this health and ethically conscious community by allowing this restaurant to pose as a legitimate Vegetarian restaurant.

To be clear, this restaurant will remove meat from their menu - of course you may get meat contamination from the same grill/kitchen preparing meat dishes - but they do have a Vegetarian sensibility or real Vegetarian choices.

Trip Advisor should do a better job of monitoring its website for misleading listings such as this one. It is easy to say Vegetarian when it only means substitution or the elimination of meat/fish/fowl but the reality is that you will not get a nutritionally balanced meal with veggie sides, largely comprised of carbs from pasta and potatoes.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank travelhoundIndia

Portland, Oregon
“Some quite good things coupled with a few disappointments”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Went last night expecting something special, but was, I am sorry to say, not overly pleased. First, I love Middle Eastern/Lebanese food. I have had it all over the world, so I feel qualified to give an opinion. If you disagree with my evaluation, that is fine.

We entered and were the first people there. After being seated we ordered a drink and looked over the menu. As is common in France there were some "Menus" with a variety of choices. My wife and I decided to share. We had Tabbouleh, humus and baba ghanoush (mountable) as starters. Two of the three (tabbouleh and baba ghanoush) were great, while the humus was on the dry and bland side.

We had beef kibbeh skewers were dry and at room temperature. I expected juicy and hot off the grill. A major demerit. The shwarma was salty and ha been seasoned with a bit too much lemon. Thus, our two main entrees were not all that good. It may have been just an off night given all the good review, so second visit is needed before a final verdict can be given. Unfortunately, we will be back in the USA before and are not likely to be back for a while.

Trets, Bouches Du Rhone
“MY FAVORITE LEBANESE RESTAURANT”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been visiting the Beyrits regularly since its opening and I have never been disappointed. The owner is always warm and welcoming and personnaly I enjoy the way the restaurant is decorated, since it is quite sober and design and somewhat changes from most of "theme" restaurants.I often choose the menu @ 19 euros which consists in 6 mezze for starters (3 cold and 3 hot, chosen by the cook) and continues with either chicken or kefta skewers. Both are very well cooked and come with some salad and lebanese rice. During our last visit, my friend chose the new dishes on the menu : a great starter with bread filled with seasoned meat and a very good lamb sharwarma for main course . If I may express a negative point is the somewhat overpriced mint tea since the teapot is rather small (one cup per person

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ynis
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seriously amazing fresh healthy food!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed stayed 7 days in Aix and we were very happy to find this restaurant. The food is really delicious (the chicken is very succulent). The presentation is really nice. and the welcome was very kind. We loved this place so much we came back and were not disappointed. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dee105
Galway, Ireland
“Lovely food, good value, great welcome!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our second lunchtime visit to Beyrit`s Restaurant and once again, we had a lovely experience. As it was very hot ouside today (the high 30`s) we opted to eat inside in the restaurant where there is air conditioning.
We both chose the Byblos from the menu which consisted of 3 cold mezzes: a choice of either taboule or fattiuche with a smaller portion of hummous and labne. AND this was followed by chicken on skewers with a portion of lebanese rice and some salad. Now when I say chicken it does not sound too exciting but this chicken was moist, tender and very,very tasty. The whole experience was a variety of flavours that tantalised your taste buds and left you feeling satisfied but definitely not too full. Perfect for lunchtime if you want to continue exploring the streets of Aix. The price per person is a reasonable 15 euro and the children`s menu, which is a smaller version of the adult one, is 10 euro.
Though we were late arriving for lunch we were in no way rushed. The lady owner is gracious and very pleasant and has a very kind manner with children.We had the most leisurely of meals and when the lady owner realised that it was my husband`s birthday she removed the price of our 2 coffees from the bill.
We will be back for another visit before we leave this lovely city!

• Visited August 2012