“I Love This Place!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I first discovered Le Comté d'Aix in 2006, on my first trip to the city. The food was really good, and priced very reasonably--but there was no one in the restaurant!! When I asked the owner why, he said it was because they don't have a street-terrace like some other nearby places, and during the summer everyone wants to sit outside.

Take my word for it, even in the summer, THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY WORTH VISITING, regardless of the outdoor seating issue. Since that first visit, the ownership has changed, but the standards of the food have not. The new owners freshened up the interior decor, which is still French/rustic, and it is a very comfortable space. The food is the real star here though--as it should be!! The current chef deftly combines traditional French/Provencal dishes with just enough of a creative twist to keep things interesting.

On my most recent visit, for example, one of the dessert choices was a mousse flavored like the famous Calissons d'Aix candy (and obviously had some incorporated directly in it). It was excellent!! I also enjoyed very much the maigret de canard, cooked with apples and other flavors and presented beautifully on the plate, with a selection of vegetable sides that were each as thoughtfully prepared and presented as the main dish.

With a prix fixe dinner price of 18.50 euros, this place needs to be on your 'must to go' list whenever you are in Aix. It is certainly on mine!!!!

2  Thank Beth W
There are newer reviews for Le Comte d'Aix

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a very nice meal here one Friday night. The service was very good, the food was tasty, and at 58 euro for three courses for two people including half a bottle wine, we thought it was very good value. We would recommend it if you you don't need to eat on the trendier (and more expensive) Cours Mirabeau and don't want to eat outside (no outside tables).

1  Thank M H
Reviewed June 25, 2014

In an area where it can be difficult to find a meal at a reasonable price, Le Comte offers great regional dishes and is quite affordable. The menu offered a variety of choices and our meals arrived quickly. I would recommend ordering a three course meal for 18.50 euro. My appetizer of chicken livers in cognac was delicious; my entree of sea bass was cooked well and there wasn't a single bone to be found in it. I also tried a new flavor of kir there - chestnut, which was fabulous.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

A simple restaurant, small, with a absolutely frendly service provided by Nicolas, and a tasty dinner done by Yannick. Cozy, delicious and a fair price. If I had just one night to dinner in Aix-en-Provance, this place would be my choice!
Congratulations to both!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

came across this restaurant on the way to another one and decided to change plans. best decision we made. great food, VERY well priced, wine was amazing and the waiter trying to keep up with a busy restaurant was really nice, helpful and was speaking to us in english