“Excellent dinner”

Lavault
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner very much. No reservation, came from walking around the old city. The waitress was very attentive with good English. Courses were beautifully presented and served, and very delicious. To be honest everything on the menu looked promising. The atmosphere was very nice, quiet but no museum, with a mix of tourists and locals. The meal was not cheap, but if you like to spend a little more from time to time, this place will not disappoint.

1  Thank Xj0hnnyX

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Their menu is posted and gives you choices as to the number of courses you want. The dishes are creative and tasty. I enjoyed a started of open ravioli of duck & apricot with foie gras & mushroom sauce. Then sea bass with crab & pea risotto & shellfish bisque. My husband had filet of beef with fried potato, foie gras & truffle infused jus. We shared his desert of frozen chocolate mousse with coffee ice cream & caramel sauce. In my opinion, while a little pricey, the quality of the food was well worth it. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Given the high prices at this restaurant, I can't see what all the excitement is about. The foie gras "club sandwich" was good but not an out of body experience (and I love foie gras). The steak was fine, but nothing really special given the price. I was dining solo and felt the service was rather slow and inattentive. (It took a long time to get my second glass of wine and even longer to find the waitress when I wanted my check.).

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Small restaurant, limited menu, outstanding food. Irish owner prepares gastronomical delights. Appetizer foie gras "club sandwich" is a one-in-a-million treat. Eat outside or in.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

On a recommendation, we tried this restaurant. The food overall was very good, although a little on the expensive side. The starters we had were scallops, gazpacho, and seared tuna. Not sure about the gazpacho, but the others were good.

For mains, we had the duck, the hake fish, and the sea bass. Fish again was good, but the duck a little questionable. Dessert was the meringue (outstanding) and sorbet (normal).

Service was typical, and reasonable. My only complaint was I asked for a nice table in the vault in my "la fork" reservation online and they made no mention of it when we arrived (because they simply transfer to a paper reservation). Ask for the basement Vault room directly.

1  Thank Kgwd000