The hotel itself is a delight: hidden away just north of the old town, in a lovely quiet garden, with an outdoor terrace overlooking the pool, perfect for lunch or evening dining, sheltered by plane trees. (Ignore the reviewers who complain about distance from town! You can be at the Town Hall in less than 15 minutes on foot). The rooms are beautiful, though not enormous - this is a 19th-century private residence, lavishly converted, but bound by the original floor-plans. The problem during our stay: the service. You have a five-star property, with 5-star food, most definitely at 5-star prices; but all of it encumbered by decidedly 4-star service. It was not a uniform problem: some of the desk staff could not do enough to help; but too often, at this price level, there was a basic lack of attention.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the light Cezanne once knew, the Villa Gallici Hotel,18th century Provencal house member of Relais et Chateaux, provides many luxury services, a gastronomical restaurant registered in the main guides, a shady seven acre garden with a swimming-pool, a nice place to relax a few steps away from the heart of the city of Aix-en-Provence.The Villa Gallici Residence is richly furnished with French and sumptuous fabrics. Time seems to have stood still, throughout the day whether dining or enjoying the calm of the gardens and pool, every experience has a charm of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Gallici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Gallici Hotel Aix-En-Provence
- Gallici Hotel Aix En Provence
- Gallici Aix En Provence