Villa Gallici
Hotel des Arts(Aix-en-Provence)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel de Gantes(Aix-en-Provence)
  • Room Service
Negrecoste Hotel & Spa(Aix-en-Provence)
  • Spa
Hotel des Augustins(Aix-en-Provence)
Hotel de France(Aix-en-Provence)
View Hotel
All reviewsrelais and chateauxrose petalsbeautiful fabricsterrace overlooking the poolbreakfast chefbeautiful hotelprivate gatebreakfast and dinnerpublic spacesturn down servicedeluxe roomresidential areasun loungersmacaroonssitting roomthe entire hotelsouth of france
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This boutique hotel is absolutely adorable! the staff and the attention to detail is extraordinary. The facility is priceless with a gorgeous entry, pool area, gardens and interior. The staff is truly lovely and so accommodating. They obviously love their jobs and the environment is a true slice of heaven. The room was beautifully decorated and well appointed with all the amenities you could think of. We had a beautiful terrace overlooking the pool with a comfortable bed and plenty of storage for clothes and luggage. The bathroom was spacious and well lit with all the amenities. We did not have a shower which was a little bit of a surprise. WiFi was spotty. We were a 15 minute walk to the downtown area. We usually walked to the downtown area and took a cab back. Not a problem. If weather is an issue or heels- a cab is easy! This is a true gem in Aix. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a lovely, gracious and delightful experience!

Room Tip: We had a fantastic room but the bathroom did not have a shower! i hate to complain because it was as perfect as you could dream of but the hand held was a bit inconvenient for my husband and myself. I enjoyed the baths but I should have checked when we selected this room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were so excited to try this hotel as we know several people who have been. I must say, the grounds and room were extremely lovely. The garden is beautiful, and the room charming and immaculate. The problem was in the restaurant and with the check-out woman at the desk. When you are spending three to four hundred dollars for dinner, you would expect some respect. The head waiter was rude twice to my husband. Once when we asked why the butter was wrapped in paper, and the other when he asked for there to be an abundance of chocolate sauce on his dessert.

But the icing on the cake came at the end. While we were checking out, the woman handed me a copy of the bill. I looked it over, it was correct. Then she ran my credit card. She never bothered to ask me if I wanted to be charged in dollars or euros..she just rang it up in dollars (about a $20 difference). In the eleven days we were in Europe this is the ONLY place this happened. A few minutes later, it dawned on me and I looked at my credit card receipt. I noticed the dollar charge not euros. And on the bottom of the credit card receipt, it clearly states: You are agreeing to pay in dollars and this is non-reversible. When I went back to her, more snottiness. She says " you didn't look at what you were signing?" I said I only looked at the bill print out carefully, not the credit card printout. Let me just say, any Four Seasons in the universe would tell you they would correct it. She was completely rude, and said there was nothing she could do. I find it HIGHLY interesting that this is the ONLY time this happened on our entire trip. Am sure there are other gorgeous hotels in the region you can stay at where you won't encounter this attitude (we stayed at another Relais Chataeux in Eze, and they could NOT HAVE BEEN NICER!). A few of the staff people were lovely (check in woman, waitress in restaurant) but beyond that my memory of this place will be stuck with what I am writing about...and oh, did I mention I saw a guy spraying air freshener trying to mask the smell of must in several parts of the common area! We would never return, and would strongly discourage people from eating in their restaurant, where the service was rude and the food completely bland.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Hungrymungry22
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our room, a duplex, was very pretty, however, bathroom fixtures were leaking and beautiful tub faucet did not work! A long walk to town and not a very pleasant one at night. Very disappointing and would not recommend.

4  Thank C L
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stepping into Villa Gallici is like stepping back into the last century and into a luxurious Italian Villa, typically over stuffed with sumptuous silken drapes and heavy brocades. but it all works brilliantly.

Villa Gallici is 5 minutes walk into the main city of Aix, hidden in a secluded, secret garden.
Secure Parking is available in the front of the Villa entrance
The Reception doubles as a lavender Boutique and is a tranquil, perfumed delight after travelling.
A nice touch is the little almond cakes and tea offered at check in as well as at the Pool come 4pm.

The rooms are kept in Italianate style - if minimalism is your thing, you will suffocate here. Toile and acres of drapes are everywhere. The beds are extremely comfortable, fine bed linen and good quality pillows assure one of a good night's sleep. The bathroom is not large but is modern and has everything one would need. Bath lotion and ear buds in the toiletries kit would have been a nice addition in exchange of one less chocolate.

At the end of August most of the Restauranteurs and shop keepers close down for a well earned holiday after the long hot summer season, so although the night life of Aix called so did the excellent Meal in the hotel. Dinner is served on a delightful Terrace, shaded by giant Poplars and overlooking the swimming pool.
Birds are very much a theme and adorable little china ornaments of every avian variety are dotted about. Another nice feature was a shawl draped over the back of a dining chair in case the air proved too chilly.
At the Breakfast Buffet there is a fountain against the wall and magnificent roses of every hue are set in the basin, so Style, what they do best, is all around one.
The quality of the food is excellent, the menu varied and a varied good wine list particularly of the famous Provencal Rosé wines.

No one does Rude like the French, but if one can see past this, a sojourn here in Aix is a true pleasure.

Room Tip: The hotel is small so all rooms are about the same. For a longer stay you may want to choose a Garden Suite
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We just returned from a three week trip to France. Our last stop was the Villa Gallici. The villa was perfection from start to finish. The villa and grounds were beautiful. Arrival and check in were flawless. The suite was one of the most beautiful I have stayed in. We had a large bedroom, living room, sunroom and terrace overlooking the pool and gardens. The suite had a large bathroom with a seperate shower. The decor is exceptional in the public areas as well. The breakfast buffet is lovely, but I do think they should include hot items as part of the price. We enjoyed dinner at the hotel as well and it was very good. The Villa is a short walk to the city center and shopping. What a way to end our trip! Thank you Villa Gallici.

Room Tip: Suite 4 is large with great space. You can hear a little noise from the door leading to common areas but not an issue except for early AM if you want to sleep.
1  Thank Mary60898