“Lovely hotel and very professional staff”
Review of Hotel Cezanne

Hotel Cezanne
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Walking distance to Cours Mirabeau but situated on a quiet street away from the maddening summer crowd. I made a mistake booking the correct room for the right number of people, but the hotel did everything to accommodate our needs on the spot and gave us a junior suite with sofa bed. Typical of boutique hotels, the rooms and bathrooms are on the smallish side. But there are many pluses: inclusive minibar that is replenished everyday; free nespresso and fresh fruits everyday at the lobby; and a wonderful, friendly staff who helped us with restaurant recommendations and reservations, and tips on day trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stay here for 3 nights in June. The confirmation email was quick and very informative. It took us by surprise when we got there that our room was so small and almost impossible to open 2 big luggage at the same time. Glass partition in the bathroom was also small so the floor was completely wet after you finished showering.

Receptions could be much more helpful for working at 4 stars hotel. There was only one time that we need their help which happened when Wi-Fi password that they gave us didn't work so I had to get the new ones at the front desk. The reception girl seemed annoy (she was busy with her computer inside) and said something in France to the house keeping nearby. I don't speak France so I had no idea what it was but I sensed it was not a pleasant one.

Also if you got a cheaper deal than their regulate rates (250 euro/night for double), make sure that you have it in writing with you when you check-out. I got 195 euro/night by direct booking but when I made the payment on my check-out, the reception tried to charge me at 250 euro/night. I then had to log on to my email and show it to her. This is considered strange to me since every hotels I had stayed (even if 2 star hotels or small B&Bs), they would have the record of customers' booking and their term of payments, not randomly print out the receipt and had customers decline the bill only if they are aware of it.

The only good thing about this place that I can think of is they have free mini bar (refill every morning).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Castle M
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is beautiful, stylish and quirky place to stay. Our stay started badly when our room was not ready when we arrived, hot and tired at 3pm with our toddler in tow. They apologized repeatedly and gave us free drinks and olives while they fast tracked the room. From that point on the staff were lovely and very helpful. The hotel is a short walk to the glorious old town. Our room was clean and bright, but the only drawback was there was not blackout behind the curtain so it was hard to sleep once the sun rose. But all up this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Service was second to none. The only thing that held me back from giving it an excellent review was the lack of hot water and overworked air conditioner. Staff we so helpful and so friendly it exceeded our expectations. The complementary non alcoholic drinks were a nice touch as well as the comfort of the bed. the lobby was well decorated, but the room with a king bed was a little tight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for just 2 nights. We wish we had booked a whole week. All of the staff were EXCELLENT- especially Claire, who was so fun to joke around with, and Estelle, whom we hope to see visit us in Boston with Father Tony!!
Back to the hotel- the location was perfect, very central without being on a super busy street. I loved the personal touches- the nespresso machines on every floor, the winding corridors, the interesting art. The hotel has comfortable beds and furniture and convenient parking (for a nominal fee). We were upgraded to the Junior Suite...so of course, we were in heaven with the views of Aix and the spacious room and fancy bathroom. But anyone who says that the staff weren't friendly- they must have changed their staff when we were there because we had the friendliest service in all of France.

Room Tip: Junior suite is awesome!! I can't imagine what the grand suite would be like!
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in mid May, some of the reviews concerned me but our stay was faultless. On arrival we found the staff very helpful and accomodating, especially as I had did not advise them I needed parking for our car. We had a room at the front on the first floor, the street noise did not bother us. The room was comfortable and the bathroom very good, shower only was a good size with the toilet seperate to the bathroom. The A/C worked well. Location near the train station and a short walk to the centre of town. Did not have breakfast at the hotel as there are numerous cafe's to try. Next time we are in Aix, this is where we will stay.

2  Thank Maria M
Hotel_Cezanne1, Propriétaire at Hotel Cezanne, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your kind comment about Hôtel Cézanne. We are glad to read that your stay was up to your expectations. We definitely hope to welcome you again and stay at your disposal to organise your next stay in Aix.

Warm regards,
The Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We spent a night here on a recent tour of France. Aix is a nice city with q busy vibe to it and an interesting old town full of interesting small restaurants and sights.

This hotel is a just few hundred metres just outside the busiest of the town areas and well located to reach places easily on foot. The décor is modern and clean and the rooms are small but well appointed. There are some nice features like coffee machines on every landing (but why not just put one in each room as so many other places do now?), complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar and an honesty bar on the ground floor. WiFi is free. They do have their own small parking garage almost next door too but you need to reserve a space in advance to be sure of space. There is a charge which while not very small is not excessive for secure city centre parking.

Breakfast is not included in most room rates and is not a great deal at €15 - you can wander out and find typical French cafés that will serve you at a third of this so unless it's included in your package I would not bother with it.

All in all a good place for a short stop in a nice town.