“Have the tomato tarte!”
Review of La Tomate Verte

La Tomate Verte
Ranked #62 of 845 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Uk
“Have the tomato tarte!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was recommended by our B&B, and was so yummy we ate here twice! And both times I had the roasted tomato tarte for starter! Staff were good. Chocolate pudding for dessert also scrumptious.

• Visited May 2013

Marbella, Spain
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place came highly recommended by our hotel. All ingredients are fresh and they only have limited supply so go early was the advice. The tomato tartar with goat cheese was nice but my steak which the head waiter recommended was tough and taste less, twice, the first time it came well done although ordered medium rare and the second time medium and i could not be bothered to change. the rice in the risotto was a bit hard almost crunchy and finding a rubber band in there did not help. We mentioned this to the waiter but no explanation and still had to pay for it. We had dessert elsewhere and feel so tired of rip off places although we luckily avoid them most of the times

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Eatthemeat
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
“Also disappointing”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Also had the tomate verte tart tatin - red tomato, nothing special. My lamb chops were very tough and difficult to cut. There has to be better.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank corvet
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We ate here after a friend had read some good reviews (and I see it's marked very well on this site).

To be honest, it was so overpriced that I don't think it could have had a chance at satisfying. I opted for the 29 Euro appetizer + entree. For the appetizer, I chose the tomate verte tart tartin, which was nothing special and hardly seasoned. I had expected it would be something flavorful and exciting, given the name of the restaurant. I had the pork for the entree, and it was similarly disappointing - just chunks of pork that were unseasoned and had seemingly been baked. It came with a gratin that was nothing impressive.

The service was slow and unfriendly. I really wouldn't see a reason to go here again.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank aflet8tx
Kansas City, Kansas
“TERRIBLE FOOD, Do Not Waste Your Time or Money”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate here after receiving a recommendation from both the Hotel Cezanne and frommer's. I had the herb pâté to start, which had a mealy consistency in addition to being unappealing to the eye. My dinner was even worse, however. The risotto came without any shellfish--they didn't have any to include the server said--and it was completely devoid of flavor. Whatever butter and cream they had included in the preparation was starting to break by the time it reached the table.

The pork medallions were no better. Over cooked and lacking seasoning, they were helped little by the sweet mustard sauce that accompanied the dish.

For 29 euro this disappointing meal was by far the biggest waste of money on our trip. Please do not fall into the same trap!

• Visited June 2013