“My Perfect Second Home”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Rental Home -
10 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 20
Aix-en-Provence, Bouches-du-Rhone, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 38 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
French first
Any
Constance...
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“My Perfect Second Home”
Reviewed June 30, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I found La Loubiere several years ago when I was looking for a place for my yoga retreat.
I have now been back four times leading yoga retreats and all were very successful thanks to La Loubiere.There are three houses to rent of varying size so I can rent according to my client number and each one is a beautiful little gem. Each house is well equipped and comfortable. They have thought of everything. There is a pool and tennis court, lots of space to stretch out with a large or small group. Decks and terraces to relax on or dine under the stars. The hosts are wonderful and accommodating. The area is as beautiful as the Chateau itself and close to Aix-en-Provence and several must see little villages. It is so perfect, in fact, I have already rented all three houses for next year and my clients are all still raving about their stay!

Value Service
Visit was for: Business
Traveling group: Business
Villamall...
“Relaxed rural retreat”
Reviewed June 20, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We have just enjoyed a week at this charming country property.
Deb and Alec were very helpful and friendly hosts pointing us in the direction of great local restaurants and attractions. A Car is a must as the peaceful rural idyll is not really within walking distance of attractions apart from the magic winery about 3 km away producing their own fantastic wines. The conversion of this farm property is clearly a labour of love.Bathrooms are modern but many of the solid stone rooms have either small or no windows and the lack of aircon may be a concern for some. However the property oozes patina, history , great views , peace and quiet and a pool perfect for a summer dip coupled with truly welcoming Bon Vivant hosts.

Traveling group: Couples
Willemijn...
“Wonderful family holiday”
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Our stay in La loubiere was just perfect: the house was even better than it looks on the pictures: it is huge and very nice decorated!
Alec and Deb are very nice people that did their utmost to made our stay memorable: from arranging beds and highchairs for the smaller kids to providing tips on restaurants and places to go.
You should definately go here, I promise you will not regret it!

Value Rooms
spottyott...
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Fab time”
Reviewed June 1, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We had an absolutely amazing time here, such relaxation. The owners could not be kinder and we were very sorry to leave. Thoroughly recommended, it is beautiful!
A big thank you to Al and Debs for a wonderful holiday

QCT2014
Stuttgart, Germany
“The Best Family Vacation Ever”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My whole family loved staying at La Loubiere. The location is terrific, many things to do on location and close by. We all spent a lot of time in the pool and the tennis court. The kids even named the horses housed nearby. The apartments were beautiful and spacious. I can't imagine a better place to stay in Provence. Alec and Deb were very helpful. They shared a lot of great information with us about the region. I recommend that everyone stay at La Loubiere. It was worth every penny! I'm hoping to return again soon.

Rooms Cleanliness
Jan S
“Wonderful family stay!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We rented all 3 gites for a week with our extensive family -- 3 couples and 15 grandchildren. It was terrific! The children, age 5 - 18, loved the swimming pool, tennis court, ping pong table, trampoline and the huge living room at La Grange. It easily accommodated 27 for dinner!
Deb and Alec are fantastic, responsive and helpful. Chef Steven Borishansky, recommended by Deb, provided more than a meal -- we had a gourmet dining experience for adults and children. Jill Sublet made a marvelous welcome dinner for our first night.
Everyone enjoyed trips to Les Baux, Cassis, Arles, Gordes, Rousillon etc etc.
Deb made reservations for my husband and me at La Cloiserie for a great Michelin star meal. All of her recommendations were fantastic.
A clothes dryer is an American amenity that would have been helpful, but that is the only suggestion we might have!
The location is convenient to shopping and motorways, but feels like a rural retreat.

drstevema...
Westchester, IL
“Exceptional property”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

In early May, my husband & I had the pleasure of staying at La Loubiere. What a delightful place it was. Our stay was the perfect balance between old world charm and modern conveniences. The kitchen is well equipped. We were able to prepare breakfast each morning & dinner each evening and enjoy our meals outside on the lovely patio, weather permitting. We especially enjoyed shopping at the many open air food markets that were located close to our lodging. The bathroom is large & modern.

Alex & Deb were gracious hosts. They were helpful when local information was needed. The location of La Loubiere is perfect for exploring Le Petit Luberon due to its central location. If visiting the large cities in Provence appeals to you, Aix is only a short 20 minute drive and Avignon, Arles & St. Remy are also about an hour away.
We have visited the area of Provence many times, but my husband & I agree that staying at La Loubiere was by far the most enjoyable visit. We recommend it without hesitation and hope to return soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing