“Surprised at mediocre service based on reviews”
Review of Le Poivre D'Ane

Le Poivre D'Ane
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Dined here on a July evening and ordered the chef special menu, was surprised at the both the lack of invention on the menu and also the lax service particularly towards the end of the meal. Perhaps as it was relatively late dining this didn't help but that's hardly the fault of the customer

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Dined there on August 4.th and unfortunately only the day before leaving Aix-en-Provence.
Extremely sympathetic attendance by the owners with excellent dishes.
Had an entree of mousse of crab with icecream of foie gras.(Their suggustion). Brilliant!
Followed by meat, medium-rare, with vegetables al dente and a sauce I would wish to know how to prepare. Dessert and wine - justo follow their suggestions.
My wife had diferent plates but equally delicious.
Try it, you won't regret.
Reservations a must.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

from reservation to desert...truly amazing. reservation was reconfirmed, eventhough they had to call a foreign cellphone (charges). menu was fantastic value for money. service was friendly and they asked if they should decant our wine. winelist was comprehensive compared to peers. we will come back for sure! reserve in advance!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We called at just after six in the evening but were able to get a table for two at 7:30 pm. We looked at the menus and they looked interesting. The food itself went far beyond out expectations. My wife's carpaccio was superb - I know, I tasted it. And my foie gras with a section of lobster tail embedded in it was the best I have ever tasted.

We both went for the filet de boeuf and each was cooked exactly as ordered. The accompanying vegetables (6 of them) were al dente and full of flavour.

For dessert I had the cheese variation on millefeuil and it was unbelievable. My wife's apricot cheesecake was very tasty - she said. All was washed down with a very reasonably priced Viognier. This was a meal to remember well served by the two energetic waitresses.

Do not miss this one.

1  Thank mmmikemoran
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to this restaurant last night and had an incredible meal for around 130 for two people inclusive of food and wine. The three course menu had fantastic choices and i had two seafood specialties that were amazing. The food, wine, service,and ambiance make this a destination for foodies. The desert was an ethereal chocolate cake ! I will return every time. Am in Aixe. Not to be missed!!!