“A favorite!”
Review of Licandro Le Bistro

Licandro Le Bistro
Ranked #18 of 1,057 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Aix-en-Provence has so many restaurants to choose from and I definitely had a hard time trying to find one that I would love (based on reviews and recommendations). There were too many and so little time. You better believe I was so thankful that I ended up at Licandro’s.
Tried making a reservation and as expected, they were full. Passed by it, just to take a peak at the place and it was busy but I loved the vibe. So on my last day, with fingers crossed, I tried calling again. We got in!
Let’s start with the place - I loved it. It was modern, simple and clean. It felt comfortable to be in. I felt like attention to detail was given without it being too much.
Let’s talk about service - it was exceptional! Alex was friendly and efficient. He knew the menu like the back of his hand and made excellent points when asked what he would recommend. He kept an intelligent conversation that we picked up every time he came over to our table to bring our dishes. He was sincere and welcoming.
And the most important, the food - I absolutely enjoyed every single bite and went home full and happy. I remember thinking that the flavors were so clean and distinct. Some were simple and the others were more complex. But they were all delicious. They change the menu regularly and I wish I lived there so I could try them all. Thanks to Chef Licandro for giving us our favorite meal of this trip.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

It’s located in old town, small alleyway. Food is excellent and creative. We had foie gars with butternut squash, squid, dorado fish with truffle flakes, pigeon in two ways. All are very tasty!
It’s a restaurant with small dining room on ground floor and downstairs, no outdoor seating.
Reservation recommended.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

The food was great. The service efficient yet friendly. Memorable meals are rare but between the highest quality ingredients and the food’s perfect preparation I literally could not find anything to criticize. I would gladly eat there tomorrow. Be sure to make reservations because my opinion appears to be the general consensus and the room is small but comfortable.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Truly excellent food! I loved whatever I tried. They are super delicious. Service is very friendly and nice. Place is very cozy with a few tables. It is in the center of the city so easy to reach.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We were seated in the "basement" area for lack of a better word. It was just lovely. The server was the best we've had in France, hands down. He was slammed with tables. Yet every meal or appetizer he set down, he'd show his tables that hadn't ordered yet. This sounds odd, but it was extremely helpfu. He'd come running by with a foie gras appetizer and show the tables nearby what it looks like. He offered a wonderful suggestion on a bottle of wine that we adored and explained thoroughly how it would taste. Don't mistake me, the food was delicious. But the service was the highlight of the meal.

1  Thank EBruce0831