“Good value-nice location”
Review of Hotel Le Concorde

Hotel Le Concorde
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Simple bit clean and good location, near main street in aix. Ask for balcony away from traffic.
Friendly staff,skipped breakfast, went to nice cafe nearby.
Nothing luxurios but ok value,for two quiet nights of sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at the Hotel Le Concorde in Aix en Provence. I have been to this beautiful town on several occasions and wanted a hotel that was relatively inexpensive, with private car-parking, in the city centre and with some French style (I HATE modern hotels with no character/atmsphere).
This hotel provided everything I required including a very nice staff - from the owner, Emmanuel, who was so kind and helpful, to the night receptionist and the service staff. All were delightful.
The en-suite rooms were quite spacious (believe me, I have stayed in some 'cupboards'), spotlessly clean with really comfortable beds.
I loved the layout of the 'exterior' rooms each with its own set of table/chairs outside.
Breakfast was typical French-style with croissants, a variety of rolls and conserves, orange juice and a selection of hot drinks - and there was plenty of it. You will never go hungry at the Concorde.
We had a lovely week and will not hesitate to book with this hotel again. Thank you to everyone at the Hotel Le Concorde.

Room Tip: The 'terrace' rooms are lovely and each has its own table/chairs where take-away food may be...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marianne2112
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The hotel is located close to the old town center with walk destination to bus ans train station. The staff is friendly and can speak english.

Room Tip: we had room with windows to the street and it was o.k.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ladusha
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Dont expect anything fancy.
But the room was decent and clean.
Free underground parking and excelent location.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Le Concorde for two nights. It was not our favourite place but was overall a pretty good spot. We rented a car for a few days and this place offered parking in an underground area (partly why we chose this hotel). It wasn't big enough for all of the vehicles so some cars were blocked by others. We had to leave our car keys with the front desk so they could let others out if needed. I didn't like this idea as we were only covered for one driver on the rental. However, we also didn't have much of a choice. The front desk staff were friendly enough.

The room was basic, in need of an update but clean - double bed, shower, tv, desk. Our room looked into the courtyard so was pretty quiet as opposed to overlooking the street. I believe breakfast is offered here although we didn't try it. There are no computers on-site for guests, but there is free wi-fi if you've brought your own.

The location was great. A few minutes to shops, restaurants and pubs. There is also a great little laundromat within walking distance. The Cours Mirabeau is less than 10 minutes walking where you can find plenty of restaurants and tons of people out enjoying Aix.

Liked best: location, reasonable price, parking (if needed)
Liked least: drab room, no computer for guests

I would probably look into another place to stay if I were returning to Aix. However, for the price, it's clean and in a great location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoneToSeeTheWorld
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The outside of the hotel does not reflect on the inside, the room I was in was up on the landing out the back so 1 flight of stairs to get to it, at the end so there was a space where you could sit out. You have to go in big doors to see the reception door on the way to the parking. At night they give you a code to get in the door.The room was a bit Twin peaks Canadian style with wooden fixtures, bit old but functional and clean. It was quiet as the rooms were back of the road. 10 minutes walk to the beautiful Cours Mirabeau and 10 minutes walk to the train station. I booked the room but when my friend turned up before me the girl at reception would not let her in despite her having the email on her iphone, its quiet normal one person might book and other turn up ahead!! Other minus point was they had 1 hairdryer for the whole hotel and my friend had to wait ages. I didn’t have breakfast but the breakfast room was very charming. I would recommend the hotel. They let us keep our car in the parking the next day despite we had checked out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Let's get the best bit in first. This hotel is in an ideal location for exploring the city. We arrived by train from Marseille and it's literally a five-minute walk along a lovely tree-lined road.

We found the place easily but as we entered the reception area my girlfriend said "This looks a bit like an old people's home." She hit the nail on the head. It was a bit old fashioned and there was this quiet aura about the place - something you may like - though not for us.

We were given the key to our room (which was on the biggest, heaviest keyring I think I've ever been given in a hotel), so as soon as we'd dumped the bags and freshened up, off the keyring the key came.

The room itself was a little student dorm-esque, clean, with a tiny writing desk and a small TV on the wall. It was on the 3rd floor and had a French balcony looking out over the road - the shutters to which (although quaint) wouldn't close properly once I'd opened them and proceeded to bang in the wind. But we were out of the room most of the day so weren't too bothered.

We were given a map of the city and directed (over the road) to the Cours Mirabeau - if you're a first time visitor, Aix is like Venice (without the canals) with its winding roads and multitude of places to grab a snack, a drink or a sit down meal, all within walking distance of Le Concorde.

So with all this on our doorstep, we weren't about to return to the room early. In fact, by the time we did, we'd drunk more than enough of the happy hour bottles of Desperados (still €6 each mind) in the many pubs of Aix to be worried about those banging shutters.

At nearly €70, it's pricey for what you get, but in Aix, it's probably the best you'll get for that money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple