“"Best of Aix" (food and wine experience in Aix-en-Provence)”

Wine in Provence Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From wine tastings, chateau tours, wine-themed dinners, and much more, Wine In Provence is the perfect way to experience Provence in a fun, relaxed, English-speaking environment. Whether you are visiting the Aix-en-Provence area on holiday or are a longtime resident, Wine In Provence has many exciting and memorable experiences for you to explore.
Aix-en-Provence, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Best of Aix" (food and wine experience in Aix-en-Provence)”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

In the morning Hilary showed us around the food markets and shops selling cheeses, wine, cakes, macaroons, tea and coffee. We bought food items with her guidance and then brought them back to her home to prepare our own lunch, which turned out to be delicious - see photo. Accompanied by great wine and cheese. The whole event was very entertaining, informative and memorable. Thank you so much Hilary!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Romaldkirk

France
“Fabulous winery tour”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We are Australians who have moved to Provence and we had a really enjoyable time with Hilary who was a enthusiastic and enjoyable guide. Hilary took us to some awesome wineries at the base of famous Mount Sainte Victoire. She was very informative and helped us to understand the art of wine making as well as the opportunity to enjoy tasting some Provencal wines. We were able to visit a very old family run Chateau and then continued our tour with visiting another vinewyard with a brand new modern tasting room with crazy architecture. It was interesting to see the differences.

We would highly recommend taking a tour with WIne in Provence. You will not be disappointed and Hillary will certain make your day one to remember and enjoy.

Terry and Janelle

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A quintessentially Provence experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I first traveled to Aix-en-Provence in 2008, when I met Hilary and Brian at one of their French Wine 101 tastings. I arrived knowing little to nothing about wine and feeling self-conscious about my ignorance. After a fun couple of hours with Hilary and Brian, all that changed! I left with a newfound appreciation for good wine and the wine-making process, and the feeling that wine isn't actually intimidating but rather quite accessible. Hilary and Brian's anecdotes about working in the wine business and living in Provence made the tasting all the more enjoyable.

Five years later, I've just returned from my second trip to Aix. This time I decided to join Wine in Provence for a tour and tasting at Château Val Joanis, the stunning vineyard, olive grove, and gardens where the movie "French Kiss" was filmed. After a leisurely tour of the award-winning gardens (worth the trip in and of themselves), we headed inside for a tasting of five wines. Hilary and Maddy did a wonderful job explaining the wines we tasted -- they are both quite knowledgeable.

I strongly recommend spending a day with Wine in Provence to anyone who is traveling to the region!

1 Thank Rebecca S
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxed atmosphere with local secrets”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

While visiting Aix I went on a small group tour with Wine in Provence. Hilary and her assistant Maddy were exceptional hosts and truly teach wine appreciation. We visited a beautiful chateau surrounded with ancient olive groves & terraced vineyards that I would have never found on my own. Wine in Provence exceeded my expectations and gave me a taste of French culture in a relaxed & comfortable setting. After trying different regional specialties of French wine I now have a better understanding of the acidic/fruity balance I prefer and will be a more educated wine lover! Thank you for enriching my experience in France & I look forward to visiting again soon!!

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Favourite day in South of France”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We loved our tour with Hillary - so full of life & a great knowledge of Aix-en-Provence!

Starting out in the markets where we shopped for local produce for our lunch, as well as picking up some bits from the local cheese shop, butcher, wine shop, & bakery - shopping like the locals do! Along the way Hillary told us about some of the interesting history of Aix-en-Provence.

After collecting all our goods we went back to Hillary's loft where we learnt some knife skills, prepared our yummy lunch, drank wine, laughed & learnt lots about wine & how to drink it. We were lucky enough to have "Happy", the guide dog in training, join us too!

We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Hillary & would most certainly recommend it!