“Very Helpful”

Best Western Plus Hotel De L'Arbois
Ranked #24 of 69 Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I can't stress enough how great the young people at the front desk wwere to us. Everyday I would tell them where we were going and they would get us a address for my GPS.Very friendly and always smiling.The restaurant was very good also.It was alittle out of town but being close to the highway made up for it.Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobW003

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were very happy with the personnel and the hotel rooms and lay out.
The pool was very nice and kept well.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the hotel overall so have chosen to join the Best Western Membership club.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is not quite as good as their fabulous picture, but I loved it because it is simple and straightforward and has nice wide hallways and good rooms and bedding and there is always someone there willing to help you in English. Cute little pool and nice indoor and outdoor restaurant seating. They were very good and honored the internet price when we extended our stay by one day. I liked being outside the hustle of Aix where my suitcase was stolen when a thief smashed our car window before we got to the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank d_m_j_court
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here because the 4 star hotel I usually use was full. What a nice surprise. This hotel is much better than the 4 star down the street! The entire hotel is new and modern. The room was nicely appointed and perfectly clean. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well while being silent (huge plus). It was very hot while I was there. The room service was quick and the food good. The staff were friendly and helpful. The jacuzzi on the roof looked great. I only stayed away because it was too hot outside. I didn't try the pool, though it looked nice. Definitely not in the center of town but well located if you are on the move in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BordeauxPeanut
Reviewed June 17, 2012

- the location is 10 min far from the city center Aix en Provence. Good for travelers who would like to drive around Provence like us.
- very good breakfast. A lot of options...
- very helpful staff.
- adequate room-comfort.
- improvement needed for dinner menu and service-speed (probably not enough number of staff)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HayriCansever
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on Thursday March 15, 2012. The receptionist was very sweet and helpful when we checked in on the morning of the 15th and the rooms were clean as were the toilets. The two complaints I have of this hotel are:
Firstly, it is quite far from the city centre, so you definitely need a car, which we had.
Secondly, during our travels, quite often we would buy a bottle of wine from the area and try it in our room. When we asked the two ladies at the bar/restaurant (which was empty) in the evening if we could borrow the corkskrew for a few minutes, they were quite abrupt and one said "let me remind you we charge a corkage fee for that", and then they turned away. In the three weeks that we travelled around France and Italy we stayed in approx. twelve 3 and 4 star hotels and not one of them refused to let us borrow the corkskrew for a few minutes, to open a bottle and drink wine in our room. I have to say I was quite disappointed with their attitude.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine K
hotelarbois, Responsable réception at Best Western Plus Hotel De L'Arbois, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all and on behalf of the Hotel Manager, I thank you for this feedback but, in the mean time, I apologize for this inconvenient.
In the past, we used to deal with customers asking for a corkskrew for a bottle of wine: as we got a bar and a restaurant, we decided to leave certain instructions to the staff. I do apologize if the lady was a kind of rude but she had the instruction to inform you, such as other guests, that we could charge a corkage for this request.
As you felt disappointed about this experience, we decided to change our policy for the future and make our customers enjoy their own bottle of wine.

With best regards,
The Room Division Manager

Reviewed November 28, 2011

A nice hotel for the price with friendly staff. The room is clean and modern with a nice shower. As usual there is a lack of decent English TV channels but as I was not there to watch TV this hardly mattered. The outdoor pool area is nice if a little compact. Breakfast we ok, not a massive buffet, but enough to fill you up. My only negative was that on the second day they decided to close the resteraunt, no reason given (it was a week day). This meant I had to go elsewhere. It is located fairly close to the airport (15 mins drive) and is centrally located for the toll roads if you want to head North to the Alps or South/South east for the coast, I got was in Marsielle within 35 minutes and got to the south of the Alps within 1.30 mins. The same time it takes to get to St Tropez if you head SE. All in all quite happy with the experience.

Annoyingly the Spa was also closed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
CGA8, Responsable réception at Best Western Plus Hotel De L'Arbois, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Dear Mr. J.,

Allow us first to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your opinion matters to us and be sure we will take your remarks into consideration to improve our quality of service. Our team members do their best to reach your expectations and reach the highest level of satisfaction.

In regards to your remarks, kindly note that the SPA is always locked because its access is upon reservation. Should you have wished to use the SPA, you would have had to go to the front desk or call our front desk team to book for it, and only then would the keys be given to you. We are sorry that you did not get this information at your check-in.

Moreover, the restaurant is open everyday for dinner and only weekdays for lunch. If your stay was during the month of November, the only date where the restaurant was closed was November 10th dinner and 11th lunch, and the reason is because that was during a major bank holiday in France. For instance, our front desk team which was here would have been able to give you that reason if you had come to them as they were properly informed.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at the Best Western Hotel de l'Arbois again soon, and we remain at your disposal for further information.

Kindest regards,