“good food, terrible service”
Review of Chez Feraud

Chez Feraud
Reserve with
Chez Feraud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 884 Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2013

how is this even possible... this place offers fantastic food, but our waiter smelled after sweat, could not show the most delicate laugh, smile or any attention. I hope the owner(s) just hired the wrong guy at 7 june. But no comment on the food, great salads, and nice adjustment to me being vegetarian. mean course, the entree, aubergine gratin.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

last night in Provence, looking for a restaurant to make our week complete, chez fraud did not let us down, tucked away in a quite street, in a building that just brings the compete package of good food, nice atmosphere and Traditional French living.
All I can say is the food is what you expect in a French home, traditional and cooked with local produce. The Provence soup is a meal in itself, served nice and hot and tasting lovely. I had the traditional Provence beef stew to follow, absolutely delicious.
The stew was served with polenta, where a traditional mashed potato would have been a better match, suggest asking for the change. Wife had duck terrain to start with Pork to follow, no complaints there. Overall with the wine, desserts and coffee truly a restaurant worth a visit. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Enjoy.....

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a very good restaurant. The room is warm and beautifully appointed. The old wood stove at the end of the dining room adds a nice touch to the comfortable chairs, old fountain, linen curtains, and warm lighting. Madame provides a warm welcome, and her son (I hear from other reports) handles the correspondence from the tables to the kitchen, filling in serving. This two-handed approach works well. I had the menu at 33E and started with cold cooked asparagus with a cod mousse on toasts served with a nice salad. Delicious. My wife had the aubergine gratine – also very nice. I had the pork loin, which was good, and my wife had the rabbit which was good. We finished by sharing the great ice cream which was one of the choices with my menu. The wine list is very good – but expensive. The total was 83E

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant is expensive but definitely has excellent food. The three course menu for dinner is great for 33 euro. Their entrees are wonderfully fresh salads and the portion sizes are perfect. I would not say this is the best restaurant in Aix, but you can expect a lovely meal.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

A family run restaurant, lovely interior and ambience. The menu has a good choice of classic local dishes. Time was taken to talk through the menu and highlight specialities, there were four of us,each choosing something different and none of us were disappointed.A comprehensive wine list too.