“Nice place, good food, service to improve”

Le Cabanon des Pecheurs
Ranked #32 of 599 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Just one block from the old market, among many restaurants, this cosy place is a good option.
The cuisine is excellent, unfortunately the service is not up to the same level.
There were 4 waiters plus the owner, all moving around trying to look important, but not very professional. I has to repeat twice my order for an obvious lack of coordination, and they forgot part of it.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 28, 2019

We had a superb lunch at this lovely restaurant close to the 19th century market.

The quality of the food was outstanding and the service was attentive and friendly. A must if you're staying in La Rochelle.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Superbly fresh fish and seafood prepared beautifully. Accompanied by an excellent Muscadet. The deserts and cheese were also excellent. Service was very good and friendly too. Our favourite meal of the week.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Friday lunchtime. Excellent food - fish to perfection. Enjoyed the soup especially. Comfortable surroundings. Good service.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 18, 2019

Man, this was one of the most lovely meals I've had! Pumpkin soup and scallops for me and the seafood platter and white fish for my friend. AMAZING and great value.

We also ate La Kase and Iseo on our trip. Le Cabanon was by far my favourite (though my friend preferred the dessert at La Kase). My only sadness was we couldn't eat here again, but they are closed Sunday and Monday.

Date of visit: March 2019