“Fab food and service”

Today
8:00 PM
Ranked #13 of 606 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Reviewed October 5, 2018

This was our last night in La Rochelle.

The restaurant was full (we had booked, so make sure you do).

All the meals are prepared on site and my smoked beef was amazing.

Also they do a good great looking lunch for previous.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Just back from the harbour in a small street is this charming restaurant. The chef continues to bring new ideas whilst maintaining consistency with the excellent produce he selects for our benefit. The staff are incredibly knowledgeable about the food and the wine, Ruban Bleu also speaks good English and he may even remember the wine you had on your last visit. Make sure you book in advance to avoid disappointment, you will want to return.

1  Thank pammcnee1
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Can not recommend this restaurant enough. Went with my girlfriend on a Tuesday evening, seated straight away in the lovely interior of the restaurant.

The waiter was incredible, he explained every dish with such passion and knowledge which made the experience all the more enjoyable.

The food was not only extremely tasty, but incredibly inventive and Nicolas (the chef) has put so much care and attention into each dish and it's components that the end result was three courses of astonishing food.

Value for money was brilliant, €82 for 2 people, 3 courses each and a bottle of wine. In london, this food, this location and this level of service would easily cost 2 people over £100.

All in all, anyone that loves food I would 100% recommend you visit this restaurant. Not only was it the best meal of our holiday, the table of 6 next to us all said that it was by far the best meal of their trip too. Make sure not to miss out.

1  Thank Andy B
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent, knowledgeable and very friendly host. Beautifully served. Pleasant surroundings just away from the main square.

We had the chefs choice for the plat de jour, a pork with mussels combination. It worked so well.
Mixed desserts and an espresso. Rose wine. A couple of bieres pression for myself and a kir royale.

The perfect evening.

Merci beaucoup. Formidable!
Can’t recommend too highly

2  Thank DocG66
Reviewed August 29, 2018

What a wonderful experience we had. I was here with my sister and two friends. I pour server (owner ?) was the epitome of hospitality and helped us select beautifully prepared and delicious food and wine. The venue is pleasant and I liked so much that we were welcomed with so much kindness and lack of fussiness. The highlight of my meal were the tasty fresh oysters.

Date of visit: June 2018