All reviews without issues chain of hotels minute walk free wifi busy road railway station car parking basic hotel old port excellent location gare town
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely awful room. Carpet smelled. Upstairs room for teens sound great but you can’t breathe. Downstairs room had air con but up to children’s room didn’t. Stifling and depressing. We had to bring the mattresses down for the children to sleep on the floor. No bins in the room at all except for a tiny one in the bathroom. Cleaners did not remove rubbish. Towels smelled bad. Dangerous balcony which fit a small chair for 1. No kettle. Cost more than the 4* I booked in Paris. Location okish but nothing nice to look at. Couldn’t book parking in the hotel so paid on the street. They re wrap the plastic disposable cups. I had some of my own in the room and they wrapped them! Would never go back.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I'm sorry, but if your WiFi setup is so poor that my company phone's security flags it as an unacceptable risk and refuses to let me connect, the WiFi needs to be secured better. I use public WiFi with this phone (and a VPN) frequently without issues, so it is clearly a problem with the hotel system. The front desk knew that this happens and acted like it was no big deal. It *IS* a big deal and I had to pay to upgrade my data plan because I had no WiFi all weekend. This problem alone would cause me to never stay here again.

Otherwise, it is a nice budget hotel. A decent walking distance from the old port, shopping & restaurants. The A/C was very good and the room was clean. The breakfast was incredible, with scrambled eggs and bacon (which I miss as an American). The bed is just a mattress on a board, but I slept comfortably still. If they fix the WiFi, I would return, but not until then.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Hervé B, Directeur général at B&B Hotel La Rochelle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Mrs, Dear Sir,

We totally understand your insatisfaction about the wifi in our property and we would like to present you all our apology about this problem. Actually we change the provider to offer you very soon a better access than before, during the time of the transition our debit is lower than usually, but be shure that for your next stay, the acces will be higher than every where with a bran new technology.
All the staff would like to thank you for your comment about their work,We are very happy that all the services pleased you and that you recognize in spite of the problem of WiFi the efforts produced by the team to be satisfied at best. We really hope to see you again for a next trip in our property

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Booked this central budget hotel as a one night stopover it had secure parking and a 15 minute walk to the harbour area and the old town of La Rochelle and although basic was clean and good value for money. Unfortunately we experienced high temperatures during our stay and the room was an unbearable 26 degrees centigrade, before going out for the evening I asked a friendly but ultimately unreliable member of staff if the AC could be set at a lower temperature and although I was assured it would be we discovered on our return that this had not been done. We called down to reception to ask about lowering the room temperature but were told probably more truthfully this time that it would not be possible and given the useful advice to open the window! However they did redeem themselves by offering to supply a fan which has kept the room at a bearable temperature and me awake for most of the night.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Hervé B, Directeur général at B&B Hotel La Rochelle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having shared your opinion on our establishment with the Trip Advisor community .
We are sincerely sorry about this inconvenience and we would like to let you know that the time required to cross our system of heating in air conditioning set approximately two days. The brutal changes of temperature did not allow us to be reactive as you wished.
We present you all our apologise and wish to welcoming you for a next trip in La Rochelle in better condition.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2018

This B&B was better than others we have stayed at and was perfect for a family of 4. The two teenagers got to stay upstairs in room 331, as it had a type of mezzanine, which made them feel like they had their own space. The people at the reception desk were lovely, welcoming and very helpful. Breakfast was good value. The rooms themselves are simple, not luxurious, but we slept well on the bedding and everything was very clean. The private parking was cheap (6 euros), and the port and restaurants were a 10-minute walk away. The only downside was that the internet connection was slow.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Hervé B, Directeur général at B&B Hotel La Rochelle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts about our property.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our charming property and we sincerely appreciate that you highlight our central location in the heart of the town.
It is also a pleasure to see that the outstanding service provided by our staff and your family room was at your convenience.
Your kind words were shared with our team.

We truly hope to make you spend an unforgettable experience in La Rochelle.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Having stayed in B&Bs before we knew what to expect. The hotel was very clean and the staff welcoming. The breakfasts were aimed at international travellers so consisted of the usual breads plus scrambeled egg, bacon or cheeses, fruit and yogurts.
Whilst the hotels are very basic, no bar or coffee area, it has secure parking as an optional extra.
The situation of the hotel by a busy road and adjacent to the railway station means that the excellent soundproof windows were invaluable.
The hotel is a ten minute walk from the centr of La Rochelle so there was easy access to bars, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Hervé B, Directeur général at B&B Hotel La Rochelle Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Pamela,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay in our property.
We are delighted to read your compliments regarding the breakfast and our soundproof windows.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward -
thank you.