The Maeva is in a good, quiet location. It is no more than 5 minutes walk to the station and about 10-15 minutes along the harbour quayside from the centre of town.
The Maeva is an apartment complex rather than a hotel although you can buy breakfast in the cafe beside reception. We did not have to pay extra for towels, bedding, tv or the end of stay cleaning.
The room was a bit small for 3 people but still adequate. There are bunk beds in the entrance area, a small bathroom, a separate toilet and a kitchenette/lounge/bedroom with a sofa bed in it. We also had a balcony which was nice.
The kitchenette area was well equipped with cooker, microwave, fridge and even a dishwasher. No air con in the room though!
There is a nice covered swimming pool which is a good size although there were a lot of flies in the water.
The staff on the reception were polite & helpful. If you are on a short break you can check in from 1100 & don't have to check out until 1700 which is very handy.
La Rochelle itself is a very quaint seaside town with lots of good restaurants & a couple of nice beaches. Well worth visiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sporty and dynamic town City centre residence, near the old harbour, the station and the beach Swimming pool with cover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Maeva Centre Hotel La Rochelle
- Pv Holidays Residence Maeva Centre