“Delightful”

Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome, superb service. We had the pleasure of discovering authentic french cuisine. They apparently renew their menu quite often, a place to try!

John B

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank RemiBourrat

Reviewed June 11, 2018

The food was fantastic and the chef went to a lot of trouble to make me a vegetarian meal. In fact it was so good, we went back two evenings later. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was great

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Joan F
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

There were 30 members of a driving club that filled this restaurant. We were served with amuse bouche made with asparagus and lemon, followed by pork served in a delicious sauce and then to follow a type of caked which had white chocolate cream piped on the top and a citrus drizzle. As always, it is difficult to serve so many people at once but there was no waiting at all. The wine was included with our particular meal and this was not stated by any means.
As a result of such an enjoyable meal my husband and I returned the following evening. I would certainly recommend this delightful restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting La Rochelle this week and stopped for the important lunch break at Saveur Vivre. Service from Christophe and Lea (who by the way is very qualified re wines) was uber friendly and first class, and food from Chef Philippe second to none. Our girls had the menu (c 20 euros for 3 courses !), enjoying beetroot eggs, perfectly prepared, and as a main course calves' liver, which were unbelievable, very thick, perfectly rose cooked melting in the mouth (I tried though not a fan of this dish and fell off my chair given how good it was) and to finish delightful light choux with lavender chantilly cream and tasty strawberries - what a delight. Our 10 year old son Stan who is difficult food wise chose in the menu a tataki beef which he says was the best beef he had ever eaten. As for me, I opted for fresh modern mackerel with soy and sesame with leak puree with a bacon kick, which were 'Gordon bennett'! I then indulged myself with langoustine (crayfish) homemade raviole, perfectly cooked and spiced, with an original brocoli puree, which was just awesome. If you are in La Rochelle and do not stop at the Saveur Vivre for lunch or dinner, you will be missing out but others won't (including us next time we are there). Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Stéphane R
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Really good three course meal, they even cooked dishes not on the menu to cater for my allergy, they could not have been more helpful. Made it a really special birthday lunch. They also made dishes for my two young children to enjoy even though they too were not on the menu. The foie gras and salmon were excellent - I'd happily return though it is slightly out of the way it's worth the effort.

Date of visit: October 2017