“Average restaurant ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Average restaurant with disappointing food. Lack of English menu a problem but we struggled by with friendly staff trying their best. Unfortunately food was a let down, I expected French food to be better than this. We ate here mainly because it had outside heat lamps which restaurants didn’t, so that was a bonus.
Cider in a jug and with teacups was the highlight.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on our first night in La Rochelle which was a bit of a rushed choice! I had a steak which was rather greasy, but okay. My husband had a goats cheese salad which didn’t have a huge amount of goats cheese in it. My cafe gourmand was again, okay, but the crepe was quite chewy. It wasn’t a cheap meal (and neither was the wine) in an average setting, with one waiter attending to a full restaurant of diners. There are definitely better places to be found in La Rochelle!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for dinner after a wonder around beautiful la rochelle.
Staff very friendly and translated menu for us (merci)
Food delicious and restaurant very clean.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

I looked at the reviews after we sat down and felt that perhaps some people had been unlucky and arrived when busy or did not recognise the difference between this restaurant and the smarter ones with table cloths!!
I had the hache with pepper sauce which was good but basic. My with had the goats cheese salad which was one of the best she has had!
Service was polite and fairly swift considering some of the delays experienced in France.
We would happily return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Spend an extra 5€ per person and eat well elsewhere, service ok, food basic, good location
Will not be coming here again

Date of visit: June 2018