“Excellent value, excellent food..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
UK
“Excellent value, excellent food..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Quite a contemporary looking restaurant (inside), not usually our scene. But on entering, we were made to feel very welcome and were seated in a prime window position overlooking a busy thoroughfare. My wife and I both chose set meals (one at €28, another at €20) and we were not disappointed. My wife had oysters to start (deliciously fresh) and I chose the fois gras, again tremendous. Mains were great (Steak and fish dish) with some very exotic looking deserts to finish off with. A great bottle of Sancerre and some coffee helped swill the whole lot down! Total bill came to €89 - a fantastic price for super food. We have paid twice that in Paris for a lesser meal and wine (we go often). I rarely five an excellent rating (see my other reviews) but this place really deserves it. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Malim27

belfast, ireland
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Seems that this is a new place in the midst of La Rochelle's trendier establishments. If so, it is a very welcome addition, and amazing value. A well prepared and well served three-courser of beef carpaccio, an excellent fillet steak and strawberry crumble with ice cream for a shade over 20 euros. Very hard to beat....and the waiting staff couldn't have been more pleasant either. Go there.

Visited August 2011