“A perfect anniversary dinner”
Review of La Suite - CLOSED

La Suite
Cuisines: French, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Suite, contemporary restaurant in a design "New York Loft", a mixture of stone and steel, several rooms, all overlooking the Champagne bar any height. Book near the wine cellar, or on the mezzanine near the champagne bar or on the gangway. A private room can accommodate up to 40 people overlooking the harbor. Located in the center of La Rochelle, in the historical district . Johan Leclerre Meilleur Ouvrier de France, college of food. Gastronomic policy being "The Kitchen should be accessible to all", you will find a daily menu from 19euro, served lunch and dinner all day. Card is large it also finds a tasting menu, Johan Leclerre offers all the dishes the most notable since the title Meilleur Ouvrier de France
Reviewed July 20, 2016

We came here for our 2 year wedding anniversary and could not of asked for a more perfect night. My husband had the menu 75€ and I the menu gastro 49€. The plates were amazing! Each one a different discovery of flavours and discovery. Our servers were lovely and very informative. We had a lovely, relaxing night and will for sure come again.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

The service, quality, and complementary appetisers make La Suite well worth the money. 3 of us spent 150€ easily, but enjoyed an exemplary meal to a fine dining standard. The steak and pork dishes are especially good and in particular the presentation is immaculate. Great traditional French food as well as a fairly diverse menu.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Stopped for the night in La Rochelle after taking someone to the airport. We live in France so thought as the weather was great we would stay. Wandered around and chanced on this restaurant. Had a wonderful meal served by the most charming waitress. I started with pieces of lamb served on toasted bread with a yoghurt and mint dressing, just heaven. Husband had the fois gras, simply excellent. I then had magret de canard while he had entrecote served with hot camembert. Following this, I had creme brulee while husband had the tiramasu. 3 glasses of good wine, coffee to finish served with petit four. Oooh, I forgot the amuse bouch of tomato gazpacho with balsamic drizzle. Oooh, forgot the the little tasters with the apero! Total bill was 124 euros, worth every penny. Beautiful surroundings, attentive staff and great food. Thanks.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

Had a lunch here with my one month old baby and husband. The staff were very attentive to us and helped us settle down into a quiet corner for our small family. They always pass by to check if all is well. And the food we've had was just fantastic! I took the "Le meilleur ouvrier" menu (5 course meal) for 79euros/pax. But it was worth it! Lobster nem, cooked foie gras, sea bass with caviar, smoked beef with oyster, and praline chocolate with gold sheet on the top. Thinking about it makes me hungry! Worth a visit especially when you feel like splurging ;)

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 25, 2015

Excellent restaurant we came across during our family Holidays.
The chief was awarded with the prestigious award of french best worker in 2007.
Great food, cooked with imagination and fresh/organics products. I don't specifically recall all what we ate, excet the incredible dessert which at that time was an island of meringue floating in a vanilla cream which is, per se, a sufficient reason to eat there.
I also recall a very moderate price in comparison of the quality of food and wine. Even kids menyu was made with quality meat and home made french fries. A great place to eat, I ll gladly come back to

Date of visit: August 2015